Chapter 7

"Tum apna job kab se start karne wali ho?"asked Dev as he sit on the bed after  shifting of the Wardrobe and Dressing table.
"Mai job kar sakti hu?" asked Ananya astonished as she stopped arranging her clothes.
"tum koi job karti thi na"He asked thinking that he doesn't speak anything strange .
"Ha ,per.."She can't speak as she recall her conversation with Ray.

"Tumhe job karne ki kya jarurat hai.Tumhari sari demands ko fulfil kar sakta hu mai"said Ray .

"Baat jarurat ki nhi hai .mai bas Job karna chahti hu"She said in sad voice.
"Shaadi ke baad tumhe sirf mujhe chahna hai"Said Ray looking at him with smile ignoring sadness on her face.

"waise tum karti kya ho?"asked Dev at her silence.She looks here and there hesitately.Dev looks at her confused at her hesitation.

"IPS officer hu"She speaks in low voice , looking down as if she is confessing her crime.

"Achcha IPS officer"He said lying on bed but then sits up in one jump and looks at Ananya with wide eyes."IPS officer.Matlab police inspector."

"Inspector nhi ACP"she said nervously.

"Inspector aur ACP alag alag hota hai"he asked and she nodded."Matlab tum..tum..ACP ANANYA BHOOSHAN HO."He said standing up.
"ACP ANANYA DEV JOSHI" She corrected him and he feels strange sense of belongingness with her hearing his name with her.

She keeps looking at him scared of his reaction for some time as he is looking at her in shock.

"Tum ACP ho "He said as he smile."Matlab tum ACP ho"His smile become wider "Aur bta to aise rahi ho jaise criminal ho"He said shaking his head.

"Tumhe koi problem nhi hai mere job se "She asked looking at him unbelievably as she recall words of her uncle.

"Ananya "called her uncle after hearing her talking with her mother as she is adamant not to leave her job.
"Ji ,chacha ji"She said coming in front of him .

"Kya keh rhi thi apni maa se"He asked strictly.
"Mujhe job nhi chhorna chacha ji"She dared to speak looking down.

"to kuch dhang ka kaam karna chahiye tha na taki hum bhi ladke walo se keh sakte the ki humari beti ko kaam karne de"He said looking at Ananya "Tumhi socho kaun sa pariwar chahega ki unki bahu gunde mawaliyo ki saath uthe baithe."He said softly but still sternly."Tunne humse bina puchhe UPSC ka exam diya .Maine kuch kaha?Nhi na.
Ananya is still looking down thinking about the day when everyone got to know that she has cleared UPSC exam.How her uncle shouted on chachi while indirectly shouting at her.How her chachi  taunted her mother whole day and still she taunts her.

"Tumne kaha ki tumhe training ke liye jana hai to humne mana kiya ?Nhi na . chup chap jane Diya"Said his uncle whereas Ananya recall how he clearly forbid her but when she spread news that he is letting her go in training in his business circle, he had to get agreed for his image.
"Meri yaha transfer hone ke baad bhi jab tumne kaha ki tumhe Lucknow me hi rehna hai.Maine mna kiya ?Nhi na .Akele rehne diya na"As he spoke she recall that for the first time , she literally fought with him and he had to leave her as she was adamant not to come despite of her mother's crying .

"Jitni naukri karni thi kar li."He announced "Aur apne sasural walo  ko tumhari iss naukri ke bare me batane ki jarurat bhi nhi hai"He said standing up and leaves from there without noticing tears in Ananya's eyes

"Mujhe kyu problem hogi "He said casually ."Aur ye to bahut garv ki baat hai ki Meri patni IPS officer hai. "He said smiling proudly while she is looking at him without blinking.This is first time she is feeling that she has achieved something by passing UPSC exams in one attempt.

"To mai job kar sakti hu"She asked with increased heartbeat.

"Ha"He replied Casually thinking what is there to ask .

"Mai job kar sakti hoon"She speaks unbelievably looking at him while he looks at her like what is big thing in it

"Mai job kar sakti hoon"She shouted suddenly after pause of some seconds and starts jumping happily .

He looks ,up and down, at her in amusement and then a smile appear on his face looking at her happiness.

She turns around while jumping and found Smita is standing on the room , looking at her amused whereas Dev is looking at her with smile.She stops abruptly and look down with awkwardness.

"Sorry"She said looking here and there.
"Ananya, tumne chori ki hai"Said Smita entering in the room.

Ananya-"Nhi"
Smita- "to kahi daka dala hai"

Ananya-"Nhi"
Smita-"to ballu ko pitayi ki hai"
Ananya-"Nhi"

Smita-"to phir sorry kyu? Khush rahne ke liye?"
Ananya looks at her speechless.
"Tumhe kisi jail me nhi ho beta"Said Smita sweetly."Ye ghar tumhara pinjara nhi hai ,tumhara ghosla hai. Jaha tum chehak sakti ho,ugal shakti ho, jitna uchha chaho udd sakti ho.

Ananya looks at her overwhelmed at her gesture .She can't stop herself from hugging her . Smita caresses her lovingly whereas Dev looks at them admiringly.
"Waise ye to batao ye Khushi kis baat ki thi"asked Smita breaking the hug.

"Job karne ki khushi me"Said Dev "Aur aapko pta hai ,Ananya kya job karti hai?"asked Dev looking at Smita to Ananya."IPS OFFICER" said Dev and Smita smiles looking at Ananya proudly.

"tumhare papa ko pta chalega to wo bahut khush hoge"Said Smita .

"to mai bta kar aata hai"Said Dev running out of the room.

"Iska bada hona baaki hai"Said Smita shaking her head going behind him whereas Ananya follow her.

Dev is sitting in the living room with Mahesh and Smita while Ananya is sitting beside him.He is telling everyone how Ananya fought with those boys in furniture shop , mimicking her actions whereas Ananya is looking at him without blinking as she can't take her eyes off from him.She is not falling for him but she feels respect for him in her heart which she never felt for Ray.

So how was the chapter?
Precap- "Kyu btau🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪