Chapter 17

Ananya is sitting on her cabin , engaging herself with files when Mr.Pawre comes in her cabin with a very tensed face.

"What happen Mr.Pawre"asked Ananya looking up.

"Mam...wo ...wo.." He said looking at her scared." We lost track on Mr.Joshi"

"Whaatt" She said standing up , looking at him in shock."What do you mean that we lost track.

"Humare officers continuous unper nazar rakh rahe the ."Said Mr.Pawre gulping."They are behind him when he left from here . Wo road cross karne se pehle Phone per baat kar rahe the aur unke road cross karte hi signal red ho gya to humare officer dusre taraf nhi  jaa paye but they were keeping eye on him.

"To wo unke aankho se kaise dur hogaye "Said Ananya angrily "Bulaye unhe yaha .

In some time a officer come in front of her while till then she kept trying Dev's number which is switched off.

"Kya kar rahe the aap ."Said Ananya angrily as soon as that officer come in front of her."we are not playing hide and seek.Teen murders ho chuke hai amd this is not a joke.",She shouted gritting her teeths .

She moves her hand on her face taking deep breath trying to block her imagination.
"Kaise hua ye?" She asked struggling to control her thoughts.

"Mr.Joshi ke road cross karne tak wo mere aankhon ke samne hi the.Phir wo shayad shoe lace bandhne jhuke aur suddenly ek black colour ki jeep unke same aa rak ruk gyi aur Jab tak mai road cross karta Jeep bhi chali gyi aur Mr.Joshi bhi kahi nhi the." said that officer.

"To aap kis chiz ka wait kar rahe hai"Said Ananya angrily ." pta kijiye ki wo car kiski thi aur Dev ke phone per last call kiska aaya tha."

Mr.Pawre along with the officer left from there while dail her mother's number.

"Mumma ,Dev ghar pahuch gya hai kya"She asked hoping that she answer positively but she gets disappointed hearing her reply.She called Smita and Mahesh .They too don't know about Dev.

"Mam ,Mr.Joshi ke phone per last call jis number se aaya tha wo kisi Padmini Girpade ka hai."Said Mr.Pawre.

"to pta kijiye ki kyu call aaya tha ."said Ananya annoyed "Aur car ka kya hua?

"Car ka kuch pta  nhi chal paa rha hai."Said Mr.Pawre slowly.

"Car nikalwayiye "said Ananya coming around from the table."We will go on spot"

Sun has already set and some stars can be seen twinkling in the sky but stiil there is no information of Dev.With every passing seconds her , clouds of fear is becoming denser.

She kicked tire of her car again getting disappointed by the traffic police who said that he doesn't have any information of car. She close her eyes praying for his safety and her phone rings.

" Ha, mumma"Said Ananya trying not to sound worried.".... thori der me .....,.whattt ."She cut the call and sit in the car and order her driver to drive.

She steps down hurriedly from the car and run inside her house.She stops at the entrance while sliding some distance due to sudden brake.

He is sitting there on the couch along with her chacha ji as they are discussing about something .He is looking exhausted .

"....dur hi rehna chahiye.Inse lena dena na ho to hi achcha"Her chacha ji is saying something to him while he is just nodding .

She slowly enter in the room without taking her eyes from him while thanking god for his safety . Her chacha 's words reaches her ears but can't reach till her brain as her brain is busy in grasping the fact that her dabbu is all right.