Chapter 38

"Aaj bhi duty per jaana jaruri hai kya beta " asked Smita as Ananya is ready to go to headquarter.

"Smita ,Kaam me aur farz me antar hota hai" Said Mahesh defending Ananya ."Kaam se chhuti le sakte hai per farz se pichhe nhi hath sakte." He said proudly patting on Ananya ' s back .Ananya looks at him with smile.

"Koshish karna ki jaldi lauto "Said Dev ."Late night mat aana .Warna pta chla birthday khatam ho gyi aur maine gift bhi nhi diya ."

"Kya gift dene wale ho" Said Ananya excitingly.

"Aaisa kuch jo tumhare liye yaadgar ho" said Dev winking.

She smiles and leave from there.

Her car stops just behind the crowd , struggling to pass through police officers who are trying to stop them by using barricades.

She looks at a pregnant lady in her late 30s who is crying badly while another lady is trying to calm her .An old man is yelling on police officers.

Wearing black googles ,she comes down from the car and moves forward between the crowd as some constables are tearing crowd .

She can hear crying and yelling of that pregnant woman who is crying for her husband and is saying to come back as his unborn child is waiting for him ,a child for whom they were waiting for years .She can hear voice of a father who is demanding to meet his son .She can hear yelling of a brother who is admanant to see his brother .Her heart clenched at the sight but she enter in the Museum with stern look .

"Jai hind Mam" greeted Mr.Pawre as soon as she enter.

"Jai hind" She said removing his googles and looking at the dead body of a man lying on the ground wearing Watchman uniform, on his stomach between pool of bloods.Wearing her gloves she sit near the dead body on her knees.Again there is no wound on the body but blood had spurted out.

"Body ko sabse pehle kisne dekha "She asked standing up."Bulaiye use "

One of the officers bring a watchman and a cleaner

"Jo pta hai Madam ko sach sach btana samajhl " said the officer strictly to the watchman who seems afraid .

"Body ko sabse pehle aapne dekha "asked Ananya to the watchman.

" ha madam .Mai to Subah duty join karne aaya to ganpat bahar duty per nhi tha.Mero ko laga chai pine gya hoga .to mai bahar hi uska intezar karne laga.Aur bahut der tak wo nhi aaya to mai bhi Bhairav ke saath ander chla gya aur jab yaha aaya to .." He stops as his eyes fall on dead body.

Ananya looks at cleaner signalling him to start .

"Mai roz ki tarah safai karne ander gya tha aur ander pahucha to ganpat yahi per pra tha "

"Kisi chiz ko haath bhi lagaya hai aapne "She asked and he v nodded no .

"last time ganpat se kab mile the aap." asked Ananya..

"Kal raat ko Madam.Jab wo night duty join karne aaya tha tab" replied Watchman.

"Aur aap?" She asked looking at cleaner .

"kal Subah jab safai karne aaya tha ,ganpat hi tha bahar" Said Cleaner.

"Ok ,aap ja sakte ho" Said Ananya. "Kya naam btaya aapne apna " She calls the cleaner as he reaches near the door .

"Bhairav" He said looking back

"Nazar rakhiye iss bhairav per "said Ananya after they left

"pta kiya hai mam "said one of the officers ."Dono sarif log hai madan bahut waqt se yaha Kaam karte hai."

"Sari information evidence nhi batati kuch body language bhi btati hai" said Ananya looking at the door ."koi bhi aam insaan murder and police ke chakkar me par kar dar jata usne kuch kiya na bhi ho to bhi .jaise wo watchman dra hu tha but wo cleaner uske body language se lga jaise usse murder se kuch khass fark nhi parta hai .Nazar rakhiye issper " She said looking at the officer ."Aur body ko forensic lab bhejiye dekhe iss bar kuch naya milta hai ya nhi "

After probing the evidences and witnesses ,Ananya sits on his car.Car moves toward headquarters.

As Ananya leaves from there , Bhairav moves away from the car while dailing a number.

"Tumhari patni abhi abhi yaha se gyi hai" He said on the call .

"tum uski tension mat lo" Said Dev who is standing near the window of a classroom. "Humara focus wo nhi hai." He looks back at the students signalling them not to make noise .

"Per tumhari patni ka focus ...."said Bhairav from other side.

"Tum uss per dhyan mat do" said Dev sternly heckling in the middle." And behave normally.Usse tum per doubt nhi hona chahiye. "

"Aur tum per bhi nhi" said Bhairav .

"Agar tum meharban rahe to ho hi jayega" said Dev gritting his teeth." bola tha ki normal device se contact mat karna .Ab mujhe call record delete karni paregi . Aur iss waqt mai school ne hu . Computer Hack nhi kar sakta "

"Wo mai kar dunga." said Bhairav "per satark rehna "

"Tum bhi"said Dev." aur focused rehna " Saying this he cut the call angrily.Taking a deep breath, he looks back at the students with smile.

Meanwhile ,Ananya enters in her office .She sit on her Chair , closing her eyes . Flashes of Today's event starts coming in front of her eyes.How broken a father was ? How a wife is crying to see his husband and what about that unborn child which will never see his father just like her.She gulped and open her laptop to divert her mind .

As she opens her laptop she recalls that she have to trace movement of Dev so that she can tell him everything.
Moving her hand over the laptop , fixing her eyes on laptop ,she click to see his movements in laptop .He is currently in the school and before that at home and at the night , in Kamini aunty's house and Before that.......

Her eyes get fixed at point on the laptop.With shaking hand ,she moves zoom up the location to see exact location .

He was at the murder spot before Kamini ji 's house , around 11 pm .

Someone rapped on the door and she looks up where Mr.Pawre is standing.

"Is Everything ok ,Mam?" said Mr.Pawre looking at her pale face.

"yes...sab thik hai .." She said wiping sweat from her face.

"Forensic report aa chuka hai mam." Said Mr.pawre. ,"Same way me murder hua hai.

"Murder ka time kya hai"She asked weakly.

"Around 11 pm Mam".said Mr.Pawre.

His words are not just striking her eardrums but are ripping her heart into pieces .

"Aap jaa sakte hai" She manage to speak with difficulty.She feels like her body is becoming numb . His innocent smiling face is floating in front of her eyes .

So how was the chapter?