Chapter 22

"Bas aaj Holi ke din kuch sunna na pare "said Manorma walking toward Dev's house along with her husband ,her daughter and Devaki .

"Sunna to parega hi"Said her husband as he walks with her holding bags." Apni zid me aa kar iss ladki ne kisi ki baat nhi suni hai to Hume to sunna parega.

"Pati ko to apne isaro par nachane lgi hai tumhari beti "Said Manorma looking at Devaki who is carrying boxes of sweets ."Sasuraal walo ko uska aaise goli barud wala kaam khatka hi hoga .Log apne ghar me Lakshmi chahte hai Durga nhi"

"Ananya ne to kaha tha didi ki uske sasural walo ko uske kaam se koi samasya nhi hai"Said Devaki . Sound of the music starts reaching there ears as they are coming closer to the house.

"Usne kaha aur tumne maan liya"said Manorama  looking at her unbelievably."Wo khud apni galtiya thori batayegi.Wo to uske sasural me ..."She stops talking as she reaches near door of Dev's house, looking straight with wide eyes and open mouth.

Devaki along with other two ,follow her line of sight.Smiles automatically come on her face looking at the her daughter laughing with rest three person.

It is difficult to find true colour of their clothes as red ,blue,green colour overlapping each other ,has eclipsed their clothes.Their faces too are hidden from red and green colour.They can only be identified by their different body structures.

Dev is standing in the middle placing his both hand on his head as Smita , Mahesh and Ananya all are attacking him with colours, rubbing his cheeks ,hair ,and clothes.Mahesh looks back  ,signal somthing to Ananya .She smiles and take two steps back.As soon as Ananya take steps back ,Mahesh pick up a bucket and pour coloured water on head of  mother and Son.They looks at eachother startled and then at Ananya and Mahesh who are laughing while doing hi-fi .

Bhooshan family slowly walks towards as if they are sleep walking.While Devaki is continuously looking at her daughter who is oblivious of their presence.

Dev and her mother exchange looks and run behind Ananya and Mahesh taking colours in their hand.

"Bhaag beta .Dushmano ke haatho nhi lagna hai hume"Shouted Mahesh running away from Dev and Smita.

"Mummy ghero"Said Dev as He stands in front of  Ananya and Mahesh while Smita stands behind them."Humare haatho se aaj tak koi nhi Bach paya hai"said Dev extending his both arms to block way of their escape but noone moves and everyone is looking behind him.

"Aaiyiye Samdhi ji"Said Mahesh
walking forward and then Dev turn back to find his in-laws standing behind him.

"Holi ke bahut badhai "Said Mahesh hugging Mr.Bhoosan.

After casual greetings ,Mr.Bhoosan sit outside with Mahesh  and Dev whereas ladies went inside with Smita.

"Aapke yaha Holi ki alag hi dhoom rahti hai"Said Manorma as they are sitting near the table, on which snacks are served for them .

"Har saal to Mahesh apne dosto ke saath hote hai ,Mai kitchen me aur Ballu T.v ke samne.Dopahar me thora bahut Holi khelte the ."Said Smita who is  sitting in front of them "Ye to Ananya ke wajah se iss baar ka mahol alag hai"She said looking at Ananya who just arrived with the snacks.

"aaisa kya alag kiya aapne, didi  " Said Sweta.

"Maine kuch nhi kiya automatically ho gya "Said Ananya- "Actually kal raat ko Dev complain kar rahe tha ki har baar papa subah subah bahar chale jate hai aur uske saath koi rang nhi khelta.

Smita-"Aur Mahesh ka kehna tha ki mai kitchen me rehti hu aur Dev bhi mera wait karta hai to isaliye wo chale jate hai "

Ananya-"And baat karte karte bahas hone lagi aur phir Papa ne kaha ki agar Maa rang khelegi to wo nhi jayenge aur Maa ne kaha ki unhone Papa ya Dev ko rang lagane ke liye mana nhi Kiya hai Per wo kitchen ka kaam nhi chhor sakti.

Smita-"Aur inhi baato me sart lag gyi aur do team ban gye Ananya aur Mahesh aur Mai aur Dev.

Ananya-"Complain Dev ko hi thi Maa se aur phir janab khud hi Maa ke side ho liye.

Devaki-"Per sart kya thi "

Smita-" 10 bje se pehle kaun kise pehle rangta hai .Jo team hari usse holi ke baad ghar ki safai karni padegi."

"to kaun jeeta" asked Devaki.

"Kafi kaate ki takkar hi mumma"Said Ananya "pehle to sipahi to subah me hi out ho gye "Said Ananya as she starts telling her about the morning incident.

Flashback

"Ballu!!!"exclaimed Smita looking at her son's face after she come out from washroom.
"Kya hua Maa"said Dev.
Smita-"Aapna chehra dekho.

Dev look in the mirror and found himself in red colour.
"ye kaise hua.Jab mai jaaga tab to nhi tha .Aur Ananya to so rhi hai"said Dev looking at Smita and found her glaring at him angrily.

"What happen Senapati .Jang se pehle hi dher"Said Ananya laughing , coming out from her room  , making him remember his own boosting . He looks down avoiding her mother's gaze.

Ananya walks inside washroom and opens the bathroom tap as coloured water starts running from it.

"Smita tumhara laal to sach me laal ho gya"Said Mahesh laughing who  come outside his room when Ananya enter in the washroom.

Dev looks at him and starts laughing aloud.Ananya looks at him puzzled . He should have to be sad as he loss but he is laughing.She come out from the bathroom and looks at Mahesh. Different types of design made from colours  is present on his face , which makes his face comical.

"Ye cheating hai "said Ananya as Mahesh look at his reflection in mirror."Sart aaj se start thi . Aapne ye kal raat ko raang lagya hai "

"Ohhho"Said Dev "to tumne kya subah subah pani me colour milaya hai.

"Ballu aur Mahesh ka wicket down ho Chuka aur Mahesh ka wicket down ho gya hai .Final."Said Smita in final tone.
"that means ab sirf Mai  aur Maa bache hai"said Ananya and then everybody realises that they are standing in the war zone.

As they planned, house is divided into two regiment .Kitchen and Smita's room is base of son and mother whereas Dev's room (upstairs) and living room(which is upstairs) is regiment of Mahesh and Ananya and noone can enter in other regiment and if they do so they are not allowed to use arms(colours) in other's regiment.

While Living room (down stair) and stairs is the war zone where they can attack on each other.Ananya and Mahesh hurriedly run upstairs whereas Dev and Smita run into Smita's room and brings colours .They throw colour on the opponent army as they are running upstairs but Mahesh come in front of Ananya sheilding her from the attack before she reaches in there regiment.

Plans are being made by two armies while doing rest of the household chores.Smita and Ananya are safe in their regiments whereas Dev and Mahesh has to do up and down passing ingredients from Ananya to Smita.As Smita send something for Ananya to do it sitting in her regiment and then Ananya sent it back to Smita after finishing it.

"Ek idea hai Papa "Said Ananya as she give him the dough to be passed to Smita."Agar hum dushman team ke hathiyar chura le to.na rahega rang na hum harenge "

"Idea to achcha hai per Rang  Smita ke saath kitchen me hai.Aur hara hua yodha, Ballu, kitchen ki guarding kar raha hai. "said Mahesh."Raang tak pahuchenge kaise  ?"

"hmm.let me think"said Ananya sitting on the bed.

Meanwhile other side

"Maa , dushman team ki ek yodha abhi bhi surakshit hai .Usse war zone me bulana parega"Said Dev seriously walking near the door of the kitchen, holding water gun as real gun.

"tu to baat mat kar mujhse" Said Smita preparing stuffing for gujiya."Ladai suru hone se pehle hi haar gya hai "

"Mummy"Said Dev grumpily."ye waqt ekta dikhane ka hai "He said seriously ."Hume dushman se ladna hai khud me nhi ladna."
Smita rolled her eyes looking at her son's antics.

"To Dushman to yudh chhetra me kaise lana hai socho"Said Smita.

"hmm,let me think" He said eating Samosa.

So how was the chapter?