Chapter 23

"Oo pichkari dhari ballu "Said Mahesh standing on the border of war zone , looking at Dev who is walking near kitchen door keeping water gun on his shoulder..

"Gujiya khane ko milega "Said Mahesh .

"lata hu"Said Dev entering in the kitchen . When is come back his father is not there.He is standing at the centre of the war zone.

Dev comes toward him taking plate .Mahesh show thumbs-up to Ananya.She too shows thumbs-up hiding near the stairs and pull a string .

As soon as she pull the string , something slides and passes touching Dev' feet.

"aaaaaaaah"He shouted almost throwing the plate but Mahesh hold it immediately.

"Kya hua?". asked Smita coming out of the kitchen and coming near Dev in war zone.

"Chuha"Said Dev looking at her ."Dushman"He shouted looking at Ananya who is running towards Kitchen behind Smita.

He is going to run but then Mahesh throw colour on Smita but Dev stands between them.
"Mummy bhago"He said running towards kitchen and Smita run toward her room and enter inside it before he can throw colour on her .

Meanwhile Dev stands in front of kitchen door as Ananya turns to leave taking the colours .She slightly shifted towards left ,Dev too follow her move smiling.Then she shift toward right he too shift toward right .Then for some time they are doing left and right.Finally Dev move towards Ananya extending his arms to block Ananya 's way but she passes behind his arms and run towards her regime while Dev run behind her.

"Ballu ,Gas on hai . Band kar de "shouted Smita looking at Mahesh as she is standing in front of her room.

"Maa mai busy hu"said Dev running upstairs behind Ananya while Smita looks at Mahesh helplessly whereas he looks at her smiling .

Meanwhile upstairs ,

Ananya enter in her room while Dev too enter behind him .

"Ab kaha jaogi"Said Dev as Ananya stops seeing the wall in front of her.

"pehle tum dekho ki tum kaha aa gaye ho"She said turning back with Smile.Then Dev realise that he is in her area."And afsos yaha colour use nhi kar sakte sakte.but mai kar sakti hu."Saying this she throws colour on him and make him colourfull.

"Happy holi dabbu the loser"She said that while laughing while he looks at himself and then at her thinking something and a smirk come on his face.While she looks at him confused due to his smirk.

"Mai colour use nhi kar raha tha."He said taking a step toward her and she subconsciously takes a step backward"Per..."Said Dev with wide smile taking one more step toward her.
"per kya?"She said taking a step backward as her back collide with the wall.
"Bina colour use kiye to rang hi sakta hu na"He said putting his both hands on wall blocking her in the middle.

"Bina rang ke kaise colour lagoge " Said Ananya crossing her arms , looking at him with raised eyebrows.

"hmm"Said Dev looking away pretending to think "Kaise lagaunga? He looks at Ananya with smirk as she looks away rolling her eyes.

He rub his cheeks on her cheeks making Ananya stunned for some second as her hand automatically loses its grip on one another.

He just wanted to slightly brush his cheeks to put colour on her but when he execute his plan ,he couldn't help himself rubbing his cheeks more on her soft skin.

She closes her eyes as he move toward her neck sliding his hand down from her shoulder to her arms .

She turn her head another side as he brushes himself on her another cheek entwining his fingers with her.

"Ananyaaaa" comes Mahesh voice from downstairs which make him realise his action.

He breaks the contact between their skins and looks at Ananya who is standing there closing her eyes still breathing heavily.Her cheeks, neck and arms are all colourful.

He move backward moving his hand in his hair, hearing footsteps coming toward them.

While she is still standing there in same position looking at the floor .Her heart is throbbing against her chest so faster that she doubt that he could able to hear her heartbeat clearly even if he is now standing away from her.

"Ananya " comes excited voice of his father before he himself came into the sight.She hurriedly stands casually near bed.

"Hum jeet ga..."He stops looking at Ananya who is standing there colourful . Ananya feels quite awkward thinking that whether he can guess what happens just now sensing the awkward silence in the environment but Dev is quick to remove this awkwardness.

"Aap har gye hai Papa" Said Dev looking at his father and then at his mother (soaked in colour)who is coming behind his father."Abhi abhi aapke yodha ko maine maat de di hai"He said looking towards Ananya from corner of his eyes mentally thanking red colour on her cheeks to hide her natural blush.

"Usse pehle maine tumhare yodha ko haraya hai"Said Mahesh pointing at Smita .She has to come out from her regiment to enter in the kitchen where food is kept on the flame.

"per pehle maine rang lagaya"Said Dev and then argument between Dev ,Smita and Mahesh has started.While Ananya is looking at them and suddenly somthing strikes in her mind.

Dev-"hum jeete hai"

"per tumne to rule break Kiya."Said Ananya suppressing her smile."Dusre regiment me colour use karna allowed nhi hai "

"Are par maine colour se ...."He paused realising that what he is going to say and looks at Ananya who is facing hard time to stop smile from coming on her face.

"Iska matlab hum jeet gaye" said Mahesh looking at tongue-tied Dev.

Ananya and Mahesh are celebrating there victory while Dev and Smita are looking at them.

"Teri wajah se haare hai hum"said Smita glaring at Dev.

"Jeeta to maine diya tha mummy per kya fayda "He thinks looking at Ananya who is showing them thumbs-down with Mahesh.

Smita and Dev looks at eachother at decides to forget their big grief and join Ananya and Mahesh in the celebration as they move towards open area to play holi.

Flashback end.

"Aap logo ko hum bahut dino se to nhi jante hai."said Devaki as everyone laughter dies after hearing their Holi celebration (minus Devanya moment) "per meri beti ke chehre ki khushi btati hai ki isse achcha pariwar usse nhi mil sakta tha.Bahut kismat wali hai meri bachhi "

"Lucky to hum hai Devaki ji"Said Smita"Jo hume Ananya jaisi bahu mili hai ."She said lovingly putting hand on Ananya' s cheeks."Dev ke saath humesha rehna beta aur uski zindagi me aaise hi raang bharte rehna."

So how was the chapter?