👸🏻11. I have a new family to help me👸🏻

Klaus, Rebekah and I are now in a new dress store. Soon as we walked in Rebekah spotted her the perfect dress. Meanwhile Klaus is getting his suit tailored while I'm waiting for the people to make my dress. So, as we sit and wait, I decided to find out more. "Okay, you said that your father was a landowner in Europe. How did you guys end up here?"

Rebekah flips through a dress magazine while I sit next to her drinking wine, I'll be drunk before tonight is over with. "My parents had just started a family, when a plague struck their homeland. We thought we lost Freya to it, but it was a lie. You'll have to talk to Freya for that story. But, our parents wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate."

"So, how did you end up here? This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet." I asked as my eyes leave Rebekah and I keep looking at Klaus, he's so hot in a suit.

Rebekah laughs and I put my attention back on her. "Not by anyone in your history books. But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy...blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That lead my family here, where we lived amongst those people."

"The werewolves?" I asked and she looks at me.

"To us, they were just our neighbors. My family lived in peace with them for over 20 years, during which time my family had more children, including me." Rebekah then looks back at the magazine and flips through it.

"That sounds so normal." I stated with a smile.

"It was." Rebekah walks to a window and smiles as she stares out it. "Once a month our family retreated into the caves beneath our village. The wolves would howl through the night and by morning we'd return home...One full moon, Klaus and my youngest brother Henrik snuck out to watch the men turn into beasts. That was forbidden. Henrik paid the price...And that was the beginning of the end of peace with our neighbors...And one of the last moments my family had together as humans."

"Oh, god." I mumbled as I sit up in my seat and look at Klaus. I can't believe he watched his little brother get killed. "I'm so sorry for your lost." I mumble but, Klaus refuse to look my way.

"It's was 1,000 years ago....it's fine." Rebekah states and I drink more wine. That's sorta like me with my mom, I watched her die in front of me. I guess Klaus and I aren't so different after all.

"Okay, so you guys said something about a necklace and the original witch?" They both nod. "What's that about?"

"The necklace belonged to the Original Witch."

I turn to face the blonde girl. "The one who put the hybrid curse on Klaus?"

"Not just the hybrid curse. She's the one who turned us into vampires." Klaus finally says and I sit there confused.

"So, vampirism was a form of protection?" I asked as sip on my wine.

"What else would it be?" Rebekah mumbles and I shrug my shoulders.

"A curse?"

"My parents only saw a way of keeping their children alive." Rebekah stated as she walks from the window and sits back down next to me.

"Yeah, but why stay, if they were so afraid of the werewolves? Why not...leave?" I asked.

"Pride...My father didn't want to run anymore. He wanted to fight and be superior to the wolves. Where they could bite, we had to bite harder. Where they had speed, we had to be faster. Agility, strength, senses. He told my mother that if Ayana didn't do it, then it was in her hands." Rebekah explained and I get even more confused.

"In her hands? How could she do anything?" I asked Rebekah and she wrap her arm around me.

"Because my mother was also a witch."