👸🏻16. I wasn't paying attention👸🏻

~Moments before the Explosion~
~Ava's POV~

"ELIJAH STOP!!" I laugh out as he picks me up and spins me around. It has been the best day ever, and I honestly haven't thought about Klaus are Damon once today. Elijah and the others took me out to eat and then showed me some really cool things that you can do as a vampire. I think my three favorites are the compelling, the vampire speed, and the vampire face.

I can't help but wonder, what is Klaus doing though. Even though I haven't really thought about him, a part of my brain can't help but to wonder about him.

"Elijah put her down before she throws up all over your suit." Rebekah says playfully as we walk down the streets of New Orleans.

We weren't to far from the compound when we walked passed this super cute clothing store. When Elijah put me down I laughed while they kept walking but I stopped to look in the window. You wouldn't believe how beautiful this place truly is, especially if you weren't here to live in the moment. At night is just as special, it's so beautiful when the city is lit up. I wish that Klaus was here to show me around, but I just can't face him right now.

"AVA, COME ON!" Rebekah shout as they keep walking. I take one more look in the store but in the glass I notice that someone across the street was watching me, it was a man. 

I turn to face that direction, but the man was gone. I turn back and shrug my shoulders as I start to jog so that I could catch up with the others. I couldn't really run that fast because I was in heels, but as I was running I ran into a man. I fell backwards to the ground and I look up at him as I block the sun out of my face with my hand. "I'm so sorry..." I mumbled.

"It's okay." He reach for my hand and I take it as he pulls me up. Now that I'm face to face with this man, he looks so fucking familiar. "You know girl, you should watch where you're going." He had an accent similar to the Mikaelson family.

"I was just trying to catch up with my friends. I'm sorry that I wasn't paying attention." As I talk to this man I get an unsettled feeling. "I'm sorry, but I should go..."

I walk past the man because he was giving me a really bad feeling. I finally catch up to the others and they're standing outside of the compound. "Hey, where'd you go?" Marcel ask and before I could answer my heart sinks through my chest.

"Ava what's wrong?" Elijah ask and I quickly shut my eyes and open them.

When I do he was gone, maybe I'm hallucinating. "Guys I think I need to lay down." I walk pass them and quickly head into the compound. Once I make it on the balcony I stop dead in my tracks when I come face to face with my ex, and no..not Damon.

"Hello, beautiful. Looks like you seen a ghost." This can't be...he's dead...I watched him die...I'm the reason that he died.

"B-B-Brandon..." I mumbled out and he walks closer to me. "S-Stay back."

"Awe, now why would I wanna do that? Don't you miss me? Don't you miss the guy you left for dead?" He grabs my arm and I yelp in pain. He's strong...like vampire strong.

"I didn't want that and you know it!" He breaks my arm and I cry out in pain.

"LET HER GO!!!" Elijah shouts as he vamp speeds towards the top of the balcony but, Brandon grabs me in a chokehold.

"I'll let her go, but before I do I need you to call Klaus and get him in here right now." He demands and I choke under his hold.

Brandon was an ex of mines...he was someone I truly loved before Damon. I met Brandon in New York, but one day when our home got attacked by the supernaturals, Brandon was stabbed in the stomach. I could have saved him, when people are after you, you learn how to take care of yourself. That's what I tried to do for Brandon, I took out the knife and I tried to help his as soon as possible, but then my father pulled me away as Brandon laid there bleeding out. I could've saved him, my father gave me a choice and it was Brandon's life or my own.....I was selfish and I choose myself.