👸🏻 31. Can we just get this started👸🏻

Tessa is laying on the couch, still recovering from her stab wound, meanwhile I'm sitting by the window having a cup of tea. It's late in the afternoon and we ordered food, which is making me happy because I didn't eat yesterday. It's been quiet since everything that happened yesterday and I don't know if that's good or bad.

Klaus has been checking up on me and it's so cute of him to do so. I still can't believe that I won't be marrying such a man, but sadly he only agreed to do this because of weapons and our army. Would be nice to know how he really feels about me, but I know that the day will never come.

"Hey, this show on Netflix is really good, what's it's called again?" Tessa asked as she paused the show on my phone and looked over at me.

I gave her my phone to keep her entertained with new technology and apps that you can do anything on. "It's called Supernatural." She nods her head and press play, just then there's a knock on the door. "Thank the gods, I'm starving!!"

I get up and walk over to the door and opens it. My smile drops and I roll my eyes when I see that it's  Damon. "Ava...Hi."

"Not our food Tes, just a walking asshole." I go to slam the door in his face and he stops it with his foot.

"Please, wait! I was hoping I could talk to Tessa."

"And I was hoping you were our Chinese food. Good bye." I try to close the door again, but Damon stops it.

"She remembers Amara, right, brunette, brown eyes, I'm surprisingly not in love with her?"

"What about her?" Tessa ask from the couch and I roll my eyes as I walk in and Damon follows. I really don't want him here, he's just a walking reminder of how much I hate his guts.

"Well, she took the cure, she wants to die, and we have her." Damon says doing his raising eyebrows thing and Tessa struggles to sit up, so I help her.

"But she's alive?"

"For now. Silas is literally on his way to kill her. He's completely obsessed with destroying the Other Side so that he and Amara can live happily ever after in the great beyond. Man, you were right about these doppelgängers. They do always end up together. So how does it feel to say, "I told you so"?"

"Like I want to shoot fireballs at Silas and drown him in acid." My eyes pop open when she says that and Damon smiles brightly. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who would hurt...never mind.

"See? That's what I thought. So, how would you feel about us making a deal?"

Tessa looks at me and I shake my head no. "Absolutely not, Tess you need to let all of this go. You've held a grudge for two thousand years and look where it has gotten you. A stabbed wound through the stomach, and history repeating it's self all over again. Please, for me just drop it and move on." She looks at me and smile, but before she can say anything, that blue eyed whore begin to speak out of that lying mouth of his.

"Ava, I still care for you and that was a beautiful speech, but here's my pitch. In order to keep the Other Side in place, you need something to anchor the spell, right, something powerful, like an immortal being powerful. Now, Amara was obviously a great choice until she downed the cure." Tessa starts pouring hot water into two mugs while Damon speaks. "So, would you consider someone who's dead but stuck on the Other Side a viable candidate?"

"An anchor swap?" She asked as she turns to face him.

"Because I've got a volunteer."

She sighs and looks at me then at him. "I'd be making a ghost a human toll booth between our side and the Other Side, giving them the power to interact with our physical world and the supernatural purgatory."