👸🏻12. Why would I jump in freezing water👸🏻

Music is playing and Rebekah and I are having our nails polished by some of my royal assistants. Kol is standing before a full-length mirror wearing a black evening suit while a tailor adjusts it. Klaus and Elijah are also standing in the room preparing for this engagement ball. I don't remember the last time we had balls, or parties, but I feel like maybe things will go good tonight.

"Rebekah? Ava? Tell me how handsome I am." Kol says as Bexs and I share a look then look over towards her brother.

"Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled." Rebekah says and I notice how Klaus grins.

"Since lying have been happening to much lately, I will honestly say that you look dashing future brother n law." I say and Elijah looks up and grins as well as he cleans one of his shoes.

Rebekah and I laugh when suddenly, the door open and Brooklyn walks in and up to Rebekah and I. "You're still getting married!? I need to know who's the maid of honor?!" She snarls.

Rebekah and I share another look and I slowly look back at her. "Oh, boy." I mumble and she continues to glare. "Look, I don't know about all of that right now."

"Ugh, I need to know these things!!! Me and you have been best friends since diapers." She squeezes in between Rebekah and I and I laugh. "I deserve this more than anyone. "

"Brookie chill, you're my best friend and I love you so, so much. Of course you will be my maid of honor. And we only been best friends since I moved here...and I was like 14 or 15." She shrugs and squeals excitedly and begins to take off her shoes. "What are you doing?"

"Why would I pay for this, when I have a perfectly rich best friend, who so happens to be a real princess?!" I laugh at her craziness and call over another assistant to get started on her. This is the perfect lifestyle, me getting ready for my engagement party when my best friend and future sister n law is right next to me. As we just sit here and relax, Brooke whispers in my ear. "He is so hot."

"Who?" I ask and she points towards Kol. "Gross Kol." She quickly covers my mouth and Kol turns back confused.

"Nothing, go back to you know... your suit." She laughs out of embarrassment as Kol shrugs and turns back. "Will you shut up, now what is so wrong with him?"

She drops her hand and I smack it. "Firstly, your hand taste like donuts. Secondly, nothing is wrong with him, and thirdly..."

"And thirdly, I can hear you." Kol says looking at us through the mirror and I laugh when Brooke whole face turns red as a tomato.

"Coming mom!!" She quickly gets up and runs out of the house.

"She's hot." Kol says and I laugh and lay my head on Rebekah's shoulder. "So, Ava tell me. How do they teach you to fight here?"

I don't say anything and they all look at me. "Ava?" Klaus says, trying to get my attention and I don't say anything again. "Please tell me that they teach you to fight?"

"Coming mom!!" I go to get up but Rebekah uses her vamp speed to push me back down. "Woah! That was cool." She smiles and Klaus walks over to me. "No okay, they don't teach me any combat here."

"Why the bloody hell not? You're a princess with supernaturals after you, it should only be far that you at least know something." Rebekah states and I just shrug my shoulders.

"All my life my father said that fighting should be left to him and the guards. I'm thinking that he only said that so incase I did come in contact with a supernatural, then the guards could handle it for me, and I wouldn't find out about supernaturals."