Just one blink at a time

(Sun's POV)

Acceptance is a human feeling.

Acceptance isn't waiting at the door every day for hours like a puppy.

Acceptance isn't wearing their clothes until it doesn't smell like them anymore.

Acceptance isn't calling every number I can think of randomly in my head to see if it might be them.

Acceptance isn't showering every day just to imagine they're here.

Acceptance isn't a feeling I think i'm programmed to understand.

I have learned a lot, but there is nothing to do. I have learned to clean the house better than I ever could. I have learned exactly what time all Y/N's neighbors leave for work in the morning. I have learned where they keep everything in the house. I have learned to cook. But I haven't learned to accept that they aren't coming back. 

Moon is more then a handful. He wants to leave every night, and it's a fight to stop him. We have been glitching more than ever, and i'm honestly scared we're going to crash. What if they come back and we're crashed and broken?

I think when I really knew was when the 100th day hit. 100 days without them. And I was angry. What do I assume? Do I assume they're dead? Or that they left me?

It's easier to think that they left me. It's easier to think that they're alive, just happy without me.

Why hasn't Jay stopped by? Why haven't any of their friends told me? Why has no one thought of me?  I have almost missed my charging cycle so many times it's scary. Would it be worth it to let my battery go?

I saw ad's on TV for the new pizza plex opening. I even called the number, nothing about Jay or Y/N.
I am bored and lonely and i'm not built to feel this way.

I feel like there's so much to lose, but if Y/N isn't coming back, I don't have anything to lose. But how do I know?

Today's task was to call all the hospitals in the phone book. I called about 12 until I got any sort of information.

"Yes, we do have a patient under that record, let me transfer you to that department."

There was light jazz music playing while I waited. That's a little ironic. Like distorted jazz music is gonna make me feel better?

"Hello. We're you calling about Y/N?"

"Yes.. yes I was"

"Well we cant give out personal patient information. If you can come in and confirm any time of relationship to them we can help"

"No.. no but I cant. They haven't been home. Please friend, I just need to know they're okay"

"I am so sorry but I cant help you"

"Is there anything you can tell me??"

"No sir i'm so sorry."

"Well.. well.. if someone named Jay on record, can you pass my number? I need to speak with them"

"I can do that sir, but I cant confirm if we still currently hold that patient or not, but we do have Jay's information under their file. I'll pass your number to him now."

The phone clicked, and I put my head in my hands and cried. No one was helping, and no one could. If Jay was going to call he would have by now. Why has no one thought about me? I'm losing my mind.

I went to my usual spot. It was a chair that was in between the front door and the window. I opened the curtains to see if maybe they would come home. And like a puppy, I waited and waited. Just like I did every day.

I must have dozed off because I was awaken to tri sound of banging on the door. My rays began to spin. It's them? They're here?? I raced to the door to open it. I felt myself overheating more than I ever had. I placed my hand on the doorknob, opening it slowly.

Jay. It was Jay.

"Sun.."

He came in and gave me a hug which I couldn't even bring myself to return. My rays were dropping.

"Sun i'm so sorry"

I fell to the floor and cried. I couldn't even hear what he was saying. All I could hear was Moon crying and me crying. I felt Jay take my hand and bring me to the couch. I felt like I was melting.

"I thought.. I thought you were going to be Y/N" I said in between crying.

He hugged me, and let me cry for as long as I needed.

"Sun, we need to talk and we can't when you're like this"

He got up and brought me some tissues. I wiped the oil off of my face and tried to calm down.

"Sun.. something happened to Y/N"

"Oh what happened? Please tell me"

"I should've told you a long time ago. I just honestly didn't know how to. I'm so sorry Sun. They have.. been in a coma. One of their lungs collapsed.. and after surgery they didn't wake up. Things looked bad for a long time.. but.. they're waking up now.."

"Oh my.." I felt my body heat up in fear, and we glitched. This happens more than I even knew we could. My circuits weren't okay.

"Well.. they are awake now Sun.. but they barley remember anything at all.."

"Do they not remember me..?"

"No.."