Chapter 1

The sound of metal clanked against my hips. There was various guns and knives framing my fully dressed body; revolvers loaded with silver bullets, knives coated with a mix of silver and other deadly poisons– along with a katana, stiletto, two daggers, and a butterfly knife. Two sharp, pointed swords across my back completed the daunting look. 

My shirt was made of thin satin, as raven black as my straight hair was. I had tight combat trousers, their pockets filled with either bullets or packs of cigarettes. Chin held up high, my celeste-colored eyes flicked around the wide hallway, as sharp as those blades. 

"I don't want you to leave my side at any point."

I glanced at the frigid man beside me, quirking my brow at an indifferent manner. He had chocolate brown hair and stark features, every nook and crevice oozing from masculinity. Towering much higher than me, I barely reached his shoulders. 

"Understood?" Celian asked me for the umpteenth time, making me huff out in frustration.

The hallway was lit with candles, lighting my pearly skin with warm, orange tones. There were chandeliers looming over us from the roof, our passing by frames being reflected as tiny specks of black in their exquisite crystals.

"Why are they here?" I retorted back, glancing over my shoulders to the two warriors behind me. Their muscular and buff bodies looked down on me, their expressions as blank as the white folder the other werewolf held.

"Why do you think they are here? We're walking meat," he growled at me, getting a shake of my head in response. They only hindered my concentration, being nothing but bother for the wary situation.

"I don't need them," my eyebrows knitted together, the tone that I used earning a glare from my Alpha.

"Well, I don't fucking know– consider them as a symbol then!" he whisper-shouted at me and threw his hands in the air, "I'm not taking any chances."

I bit my tongue enough harshly for blood to gush into my mouth, my other hand lowering down to the katana's butt I had on my left hip.

The hallway was stuffed with various tables and chairs, burgundy carpets with golden serpentine under our feet. There were large windows on our other side, revealing the pitch-black surroundings and the bright stars in the sky. It was past midnight; our arrival carefully planned for this moment.

We were walking on very shaky ground, all of our minds filled with the worst possible scenarios. The Royals didn't call emergency meetings just for fun.

The hallway turned to the right, revealing a high entry with grapevines circled around the Roman design. It opened into a large ballroom, hundreds of people already vacating and filling it with laughter and chatter. A grim expression took over my sharp features as I tried to count the people in my mind; being unsuccessful as there were way too many of them.

"Plan B?" the Alpha inquired beside me. I nodded before my eyes met briefly with his. He beckoned me closer to him.

And so, together, we walked in. 

I was holding my breath as I took in my surroundings, trying to recollect every single small detail. It was my first time here and I wouldn't be surprised if it would be the last one too. The Royals rarely invited people to Viorna's Castle; it was sacred and only the elite could walk through the heavy doors of it.

This was where it all started when the kingdoms were divided into ten large nations. You could spot Viorna's Castle in the middle of the map, dark and thick spruce forests as the overpowering vegetation. There were mountains, rivers, and large inhabitants– all the most beautiful things you'd ever see. People were rich and well off, and this area was usually considered the Capital. The Castle was surrounded by luxurious timbre residences, the gardens filled with roses and other colorful flowers.