Chapter 18

My head was killing me.

"Here you go." Leonel mumbled from his office desk, setting an aspirin to the table. I simply took it and shoved it down my throat, grumpily setting myself better to the chair in front of the man.

The black eyes studied me calmly, though I knew that he wanted to say a few good words.

"Can you shut the curtains?" I grit out from between my teeth, the other sighing and getting up to the window. I felt like someone was pressuring my head and stabbing it with needles, I myself barely capable of lifting myself up from the bed. But Leonel wanted to have whatever conversation he needed to have, and probably it being now as a punishment.

You couldn't say no to him.

"Do you feel any better?" He asked as he crossed his arms and lowered down to his big chair that creaked under him.

I narrowed my eyes to him, a growl leaving my throat, "What. Is. It?"

I could see how his jaws clenched from irritation, my response being the exact same.

"You shouldn't drink without me— or alone." he said to me coldly, picking up a stack of papers from his desk. He moved them from the way, an unamused chuckle erupting from my chest.

"Why not?" I swallowed down, fully aware that he was right. It had been kind of stupid and dangerous, but I hadn't known it at the moment and I couldn't admit being in the wrong.

Leonel smacked down a jar next to him, the whole table clattering at the same time; him showing just how much my mood was influencing him as well.

"You know why. Now, why don't you stop that cranking and come here like I asked?" he met my gaze once again, my stubborn form sulking in front of him and giving him a glare worthy of daggers.

He had indeed asked me to come sit on his lap, but I was feeling a bit ashamed of myself and how I had acted the day before. So, to make myself feel better, I tried to treat him as unintimately as I could, "No."

Leonel tilted his head to me in annoyance, as if asking 'are you fucking kidding me'. I only crossed my arms against my stomach, ending the argument with that gesture.

"Fine."

He picked a pen from the jar, throwing it to the table, "As long as you don't do such shit when I'm not there."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes to him, pursing my lips together. Leonel's curly hair was still disheveled all over as we had just awoken, the man meanly tearing me up from the bed. Not even letting me take the blanket with me.

"What was it?" I tried to reel the subject away from yesterday once again, the other staring at me from under his eyebrows. He let out a long exhale, lifting a map to the table from one of the drawers.

It caught my attention immediately, my brows knitting together in confusion.

"We've spotted a warehouse where Tristan and Felia keeps slaves; whether they are selling them or getting rid of them" he folded the map open a bit better, my frame now lifting up from the chair to get a closer look of it.

"Who's Felia?" I asked, lowering my hands down to the map with a frown. There was a bright red circle between Kell's and Urak's Kingdom, in the middle of a thick forest.

"The man you saw in Tristan's mansion, the Urak's Royal." Leonel rose up from his chair as well, walking to the cabinet next to the wall. I felt like my head was still on the verge of exploding, but this was important enough to ignore it.

"He's one of the main financiers behind the slave industry; the warehouse actually located on his lands" I heard him speak with his low baritone as my eyes stayed on the map, my mind working for miles ahead.