Chapter 23

"Are you sure?"

Leonel kissed me, I myself shaking my head to him, "I don't feel too good."

I mumbled, watching the breakfast in front of me with a frown. He had made some delicious eggs and bacon, but I felt like throwing up by even looking at it.

"Well, don't take too long then– I'm going to head outside" he kissed me again, after that taking our backpacks from the ground.

This was the morning.

When we are supposed to leave and head towards Kell's territory. The past few weeks had been very dark, the whole village mourning the lost people in the bombing. They had had a respectful funeral where the whole Kingdom attended, many flowers and pictures now laying in the eerie backyard.

No one stepped there anymore, avoiding it at all costs. It wasn't the happy and sunny space anymore; it was ashen and sad. I myself haven't even gone to look at it.

I just couldn't.

"Ez?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, lifting my head up towards the door where Leonel had retreated, "Is everything okay?"

He asked worriedly, those handsome and stark features stretched into a frown. I drew in a sharp breath, my face a little pale and absentminded, "Yeah, I'll be there in a second."

I poked the bacon on the plate for the thousandth time, trying to smile back to him. Leonel simply watched me for a moment, after that sighing and leaving me alone.

I was wearing a black hoodie and trousers, those very flexible and comfortable for the upcoming trip. It had taken a lot of yelling and persuasion to make Leonel agree with my addition to the small group of people that left to the warehouse, but eventually we had made out and both were happy. The rules for me were simple; I was to be in his presence all the time and I was not to take stupid risks. And by following those rules, I got to come with him.

Because there was no fucking way that I'd let him leave alone, more so as I was the most talented warrior after all. The Head Warrior. He couldn't just leave out of this important mission because of our bond.

I raised up from the chair that was placed in front of the kitchen island, my hand going to my stomach. I had felt really bad the whole morning, though it seemed to only worsen.

"Uh. . ." I rubbed my stomach, my eyes closing as I tried to hold in the puke that was threatening to come up.

What were the chances to get sick right now of all the times?

Unfortunately, I couldn't hold the puke in; ending up spewing to the sink beside the kitchen table. It tasted absolutely horrendous, and I couldn't help but curse aloud. I never got sick like this, I never–

Wait.

My eyes were frozen to the pretty coloured glob in the bottom of the sink as I worked the wonders with my brains. It couldn't be, no, no– who was I kidding?

Of course it was.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid. . ." my breathing turned uneven, my eyes closing up in stress. The sudden overwhelm seemed to worry someone else too, Leonel's mind coming upfront in our link. But I pushed him away, trying to gather myself up.

No reason to panic, right?

Yeah, I was panicking.

Because, what was I going to do? How hadn't I even thought about this? How fucking dumb am I?