Chapter 7

I breathed relaxedly, my whole body feeling like a soft cushion. I couldn't feel my limbs that well, as if they'd be weighing tons more than usual. But there was some kind of satin blanket around me and keeping me warm, my eyes slowly blinking open.

I was instantly met with the sight of another person, their back turned towards my face only mere inches away. It was defined with large muscles, my sense of smell soon separating the musky odour of Leonel's. His curly hair was disheveled all over the pillow we were sharing, though not a peck of our skin touching each other.

Something in his sleepy and calm form made my insides warm up, a really tempting thought of circling my arms around the Alpha coming to the front of my mind. Though I only lifted my finger to his exposed bicep, one so strong and apparent, gracing it gently.

The images of yesterday came in pieces to my mind, the exact finger I had put on his skin freezing into a spot. I wasn't angry anymore, but rather just ashamed of myself. How I had been so stupid in front of him; how I had hit him, ran away from him and how I had cried against his shoulder. How I had let him get close to me and touch me.

And all for what? Because I found out that he slept with others?

I sighed in irritation, turning to my other side before prompting myself up. For the first time, I glanced at the room, rubbing my blue eyes as tiredness still had its hold on me.

It wasn't the familiar one that I had become accustomed to here in the Castle, but rather something much more magnificent. We were laying on a king-sized bed that was in the middle of it, a round entrance being on the opposite side. It seemed to open to a separate room, a kitchen table and a sofa to be seen. Then there were two doors next to me, the other being led to a tiled floor that made me think it was a bathroom. The other was closed, perking my attention.

This had to be the fourth floor, Leonel's bedroom.

There were also armchairs, bookshelves, tables, red carpets with golden lining and vitrines filled with everything personal. The walls were the same peachy ones, though it was embellished with the most beautiful painted art. It was like a story, many characters in it fighting and making love. There were wolves, wars and then there were victories and fortunes. There were people who were kissing and people who were burning in fires.

It was brutal but beautiful. It made my mouth gape open in awe, my feet taking me out of bed the second I saw them. The pale blue satin came with me, most likely leaving the other male to shiver in coldness.

But I was too amazed by the artwork to pay attention to him anymore, stepping towards the wall with enlargened eyes. They went from the bottom of the floor to the very top, covering nearly everything. Some of the paint was worn out or patched, indicating them to be very old.

I lifted my other finger to a black wolf that was jumping onto a furious vampire, nothing but rage and promise of death in its eyes.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

The low voice startled me, almost making me drop the blanket that was keeping my body hidden under it. I was frozen to my place, gathering myself back together just as I felt a pair of hands dropping to my hips.

I didn't dare to turn around, my cheeks burning hot red as I tried to search for my stubbornness and irritation back to the core of mine. It was the only way I could stand up confidently in front of him.

"It was made during the Gärlq's War," his lips were shifted against my ear, the whispering making me tense up in all the new emotions. The way he made my lower stomach tingle and my mind to run two miles ahead of time was driving me insane.