Chapter 4

The view was absolutely stunning.

The Spring was already here, flowers blooming at their fullest; all the greenery spreading to miles away from the top of the mountain. Vierna's Castle was looming over me, the descending sun making it shine in warm colours.

The mountains that kept my own kingdom inside of them were visible from here, the growing longing towards my home keeping my mood melancholic. It had been a couple of days, those spent healing and packing so I was ready for the journey to the Diétrich's Kingdom. I had talked a lot to Celian, who was very skeptical and disagreed with my departure; some way it being hard for him too.

We have been best friends for ages, both of us accustomed to each other's presence. Without him, I felt a bit hollow and maybe even unsafe. Now that I was walking on unknown grounds, I didn't know what would happen to me in certain situations.

And what kind of Alpha Leonel was, did he really rule like they said? If someone would hurt me, try to do so, or get hurt in the process; what were the consequences?

I flicked my eyes to the other caravan that had arrived next to mine, the person in question getting up from it. We usually travelled by foot, shifting into our wolf forms, but I had so much luggage with me that we had to wind up for horses.

The tall Alpha stepping down from the caravan was majestic, his curls ruffling in the mellow breeze. His brown hair was shining in dozens of different golden tones, his tanned skin striking out as orangish under the sun's rays. He took my breath away just by his appearance.

Even though I hated him, my subconsciousness was admiring and drooling over him. And to be honest, it wasn't my fault; everyone was just as enthralled by his looks as I was. The dominating and dangerous aura made him even more charismatic.

His dark eyes landed on me as he began to step closer to the Castle's doors, digging his hand into his pocket to gather himself a cigarette.

"Joshua, show him the room," he waved his hand with an irritated tone, a deep scowl on his face, "and you–"

He pointed at me lazily, my frowning features watching him back displeased, "Tomorrow. 8 am. The inner court; I will send someone over."

Leonel walked past me, lighting up his cigarette in his cupped hand and with the help of a matchstick. I could only bite my teeth together in growing annoyance; the commanding tone pushing me to the edge.

I didn't ever listen to anyone's dos and tells, Celian always spoke to me politely. So, the stubborn side of me grabbed one of my backpacks and strode beside him; hitting him on his shoulder rather hard on the way.

But I didn't stay looking back, just launching myself through the thick wooden gates.

He got himself a fucking nuisance, and he got only himself to blame for it.

✩✩✩✩✩✩

A knock on the door startled me awake.

The room I was in was lightened by the rising sun, revealed to my tired eyes. I had multiple packed boxes and bags full of my stuff, ready to be put in place. The bed was in the corner of the room, with only one person to be fitted on it. There was also a table, armchairs, a brown carpet, cabinets, and bookshelves; the completed sight in front of me quite regal. The walls were peachy coloured, white sculptures ascending from them like they'd be submerged under the marble.

It was overall very beautiful, though it smelled foreign and was far from homey. The view out of the window was rather magical; the large lake coming right under my eyes if I were to watch out. The moon had shone from the water's surface, making me shiver from the spectral feeling it distributed.