Chapter 15

Leonel was feeling better.

Whatever you considered that to be.

"Fucking shut your mouth or I'll rip your arms off!"

The ruckus around us quieted down, everyone looking at the ground like it suddenly became way too interesting. I poked the male's side, earning an irritated growl. The black eyes snapped to me, a smirk spreading to my lips. I was feeling relieved that he was back to being himself, taking every single peck of joy out of it by annoying him in all ways possible.

He gave me the hardest and coldest glare, my frame simply dancing in front of him, "Did you know that you like me so much that you'd give the last spoon of your chocolate ice cream to me?"

I questioned with a sugary voice, repeating something that he very well remembered from his feverish talk shows. Anger flashed on his face, his large frame suddenly leaping towards mine. Though I was quicker, dodging his attempt of capturing me as we walked the hill up to Viorna's Castle, "I swear to god Ezekiel, I'm going to—!"

He fell to the ground, a loud smack echoing in the outside air as his stomach came in contact with the flowers and grass. If some moment, this was the one when he looked like in a need of cigarette.

Muffled laughs could be heard from the warriors, everyone nearly bending down to the floor to keep it in. Though I let myself chuckle to him as evilly and loudly as I could, reaching my hands down to help the man back up.

This was, ladies and gentlemen, Alpha Diétrich. The notorious and invincible werewolf with cold and ruthless exterior.

"Kill you." He finished his sentence with a growl as he got up with my help, a wide toothy smile on my face. He glanced at me briefly, something in his eyes softening. Though he only muttered more curses towards me, continuing the walk as if nothing happened.

I think I wounded his dignity.

"If any of you ever tells anyone about this trip, just know that I'll kick your ass." He gritted through his teeth, my half naked frame bouncing beside him. I was much happier and calm now that we were back in Diétrich's lands, knowing as well that my mate was getting better. The night had been cold and windy, but I had gotten sleep pretty well in the warm embrace of the other man.

Everyone was hungry though, Leonel having a hard headache and being otherwise very drained. Making him very easy to piss off. But I gave him a bit of mercy; he was shot, after all.

The landscape around us was absolutely beautiful. The sun was slowly going down, making the sky gleam in different shades of orange and red. It felt even weird after you've been in Kell's Kingdom, the one so gray and lifeless. But here you could hear the happy screams of children and see the thousands of different coloured flowers and butterflies.

I grabbed Leonel's hand to assure him that I was indeed only messing with him, and I knew that the touch calmed him down as well.

"Let's get dinner from downstairs, take a shower and then go to sleep" I said to him, pressing his arm ever so gently. He didn't say anything, just walking ahead with his tired eyes. My own stayed on his frame a bit longer, taking in the shoulder that he treated carefully.

The poison was luckily fading away from his body, most of the wound already healed. Though it was still in a bad shape as he didn't have all the energy you should.

We found ourselves from the front doors, everyone getting in and saying their goodbyes before scattering to the building. Leonel told them to be in his office next afternoon regarding the events and the missing pack member, after that the two of us continuing our way.