Chapter 27

Leonel

"He's going to be perfectly fine, there's nothing to be worried about— Alpha Diétrich."

The woman in front of me drawled out for the thousandth time. I only glared at her, sinking my fingers into the black strands of my mate's, "Are you certain?"

I asked.

For the thousandth time.

The pack doctor watched me with an expression that wanted to bore me to death, an annoyed sigh erupting from my throat, "Fine— get the fuck out if you're not going to be useful."

I snapped to her, the alpha female's eyes enlargening from my harsh tone. I knew that it was probably unnecessary, but I couldn't feel but frustrated and concerned for Ezekiel's well-being.

That day, when we went to the warehouse— it was three days ago.

And Ezekiel hadn't woken up since.

I was so scared.

That day had gone wrong in so many ways, the sudden ambush taking nearly dozen of our warriors to the grave. It was a high price that we had to pay, but in the end, we got the warehouse into our control. That piece of shit is right now rotting in our cell, ready to face some of the horrors I have planned in my head.

After that junk had attacked my mate, I had put that thing into a coma. Fucking asshole. The rest of his warriors had fortunately surrendered after their Royal was captured, some of them keeping him company— as they didn't agree to yield. We had a few of my people guarding the warehouse, the rest of us back home because of Ezekiel's state. The pack doctor checked him daily; he was supposed to be fine.

He had a lot of wounds and bitemarks, most of them already healed. But what kept him in sleep was the high fever from the infections of the open skin, also the trauma in his throat. He breathed heavily in my arms, a small raspy whine to be heard every time he inhaled. I kept tending his hair with a frown on my face, the bare naked man lying sprawled out against my chest. The silky blanket reached his shoulders, the sweat on his forehead wetting my fingers.

I just wanted him to wake up and be okay.

I missed him already.

My eyes closed lazily as I rested my head to the pillow, a sigh heard from me. We had been right next to each other; but I still could've not prevented anything like this. I tried to help him, I did. But there had been always someone on my neck. And I knew that he could handle himself to some point, as powerful as my tiny warrior was. What I hadn't seen coming was for Felia to attack him; and we had all been really exhausted because of the frequent bombarding. There had been too many of them; at least twice our amount.

I should've kept him closer to me, or not allow him to even come with m—

"Leonel?"

The small cough made my eyes snap open, my heart jumping from the familiar sharp voice. I grabbed his head instantly, tilting it towards my face. He was laying back against my chest, those pretty blue eyes cracking open for a brief look, "Right here, pup."

I said, trying to sound calm to not freak him out or stress him. It was hard though when I myself was already panicking, my lips being pressed against his forehead, "Right here."

I mumbled again, after that circling my arms around him. I was so happy that he was awake, so happy. He must've been really dizzy, his eyes thrown back to his head every now and then, "Where are we?"

"Home."

I kissed his forehead for once again, cold shivers raking through the feverish man, "How are you feeling?"