Chapter 26

"There it is."

Leonel murmured, giving me the small binoculars. I took it with a frown, placing them over my eyes.

We had travelled for another day, now the cold night settling as we had reached our destination. The morning after the incident with Ryan, we had woken up tired and hungry, at first cleaning and dressing up. We had had some soup too, which had been delicious.

Me and Leonel were inseparable, glued to each other. On some occasions, we had also annoyed each other on our way here. Little swoosh with a tail to the other's face, or by bumping our head to the other. And we enjoyed every second of it. Ryan had been left behind with one of our warriors. Apparently, they would wait for us to come back, and Ryan would suffer from consequences of touching me; whatever it was. I wouldn't be surprised if Leonel decided to feed him to the dogs, but I wasn't really keen on that idea either. The guy was a jerk, but not evil.

Now, I was watching a large warehouse in the Urak's territory, in a small pothole and hidden by trees. It was made of simple stone, very plain and innocent from afar. Though I bet that it wasn't that from the inside.

It was just as large as Leonel had said, big enough to keep hundreds of people inside of it. The only question was, how many warriors would there be? We really didn't have a way to do this with stealth, so we probably had to encounter some battles. On the outside, as I studied the surroundings of the building, there was no one on guard. It was strange, though most likely they didn't think it was necessary.

No one knew about the warehouse after all— or so they thought.

"What's the plan?" I inquired, lowering down the binoculars and moving my gaze to my mate. He bit his cheek, glancing over his shoulder to the dozens of warriors behind us.

"We'll go by foot for now" he said, strapping his backpack better to his shoulder. I hummed in agreement, starting to walk ahead.

The environment before us resembled some sort of jungle, the trees high and filled with creepers. It wasn't the kind of jungle that flourished, the plants and leaves all brown and dry. It was eerie, the same way Kell's lands were. These two were definitely both the same side of a flipped coin.

"Everyone quiet— listen to every small sound." I heard one of the warriors behind us whisper-shout, Leonel's hand coming to my back at the same time. He pulled me a little closer while continuing to walk, now all silent. I had a deep frown on my face, my adrenaline pumping high even though we weren't yet even close to the hardest part of the trip.

I hoped that everything would go smoothly, and that me and Leonel would both be fine. For the sake of the growing child in me. I hadn't felt really good this morning either, throwing up yet another time. It was difficult to hide from Leonel, but luckily it happened while I was to visit 'the bathroom'. At the end of the day, I was pretty confident we would make out from here without a scratch; we were both talented and fiery. He was the Alpha who had never fallen, and I was the Head Warrior who had never unsucceeded.

And together, we were invincible.

"What would you like to do when we get home?" Leonel whispered into my ear with an enticing tone, pulling me against his side. I only chuckled, gently slapping his chest.

"To sleep and eat, idiot."

Leonel smirked to me, kissing my cheek, "If you get to be my dessert."

I raised my eyebrows to him, letting out an exasperated snort, "Well, that's fucking corny."

I got an eye roll in response, the other stroking my skin with affection, "You're too hard to please."

We teased each other, trying to get as much to the other's nerves as possible. It was our love language in a way, both of us smiling brightly, "Fuck off."