Chapter 11

My eyes opened slowly, immediately blinking from the bright rays of the sun that left burning spots into my vision. I felt a hand on my head, massaging my scalp in the most comforting way. The fingers dug deep into my hair, occasionally twisting the messy strands.

I turned slowly around, the familiar scent lingering around me. It was rather calming, warm feeling spreading across my chest as my nose met with the other male's side.

"Finally."

I heard him grumble, the nice feeling vanishing in the air instantly after. My eyebrows knitted together as I lifted my gaze to the man, who was fully dressed next to me; sitting against the headboard with a stack of papers in his hands.

"Hmmh?" I questioned confusedly, the sleep still heaving my eyes down; narrowed just enough to catch the discontent frown Leonel sported. He was focused on the papers in front of him, going occasionally in with his pen.

"You have an hour, go take a shower."

He ordered, the black eyes not even glancing at me. The tone he used irritated me, a scowl also spreading to my lips. For a moment I had the doubt if he really did like me. But I pushed it aside, lifting up my stubborn exterior to defend myself.

"Why?" I asked, pulling the blanket over my shoulders. My eyes briefly lowered down to his body, taking in a new white shirt and black pants. He seemed to be already showered, his hair a bit damp and curlier than what they were as dry.

The hand in my hair still continued the nice rubbing, though being lifted the second I asked the question.

"Because I told you so– now go, we're going to be late for the breakfast", he flicked his hand to me as in 'shoo', the frown deepening on my face. Apparently, I got the annoying Leonel back.

I couldn't understand why he didn't make eye contact with me, why he commanded me once again. Not like he ever had dropped it, but really, not even a 'good morning'?

I narrowed my eyes to him even more, sudden irritation flashing through me. Impulsively, I grabbed the papers from his hands, throwing them into the air. His look was priceless as he froze, watching ahead of him as the dozens of pages started floating around the room.

Whoops.

"Well, fuck you too." I snapped to him, rising up from the bed with the blanket around my body.

He could bitch me all he wanted, but that was exactly what he got in return. Though nothing couldn't prepare me for what was to happen, only sudden ruffling to be heard from behind me as I was pulled back to the bed.

My head hit against the mattress, my startled eyes lifting up to the black ones that were watching me with flaming anger. He didn't say anything; he didn't need to. It was very clear what he told me with his gesture, his other hand around my neck; from which he had pulled me down.

I bit my teeth together, answering to his scorching gaze as the suffocating pheromones filled the room, "You can't bend me with one pretty kiss."

I hissed to his face, my own fury rising as he narrowed his eyes at me. The night before, he had caught me at a vulnerable moment; when I was exhausted and sensitive. But right now, I wouldn't be that.

It could've been that I was embarrassed because of it, now trying to get my dignity back by the only way I knew. And it definitely could've been his irritating way of bouncing me around.

"I think it was more than that, pet" he lowered his head towards me, the tip of his nose nearly gracing my forehead. Our intense staring-contest still continued, both of us grinding our teeth together. I couldn't but faintly blush to his comment, my stomach flipping around from his low and gravelly voice.