Chapter 1: The Beginning

A typical day.

It is how many would describe it. This scene is something you can see everyday. From the delivery of goods, kids running around, people trying to haggle all around the market, birds chirping on the trees, and the constant shouting that now serves as a music to other people's ears.

It is incredibly peaceful, so to speak. There are no threat to their lives aside from the appearance of thieves from time to time. One can say that the government is definitely doing their job.

Among the people there stood three teenagers who seemingly did not belong here. Three different expressions can be seen. An excited look in the eyes of the brown haired boy with green eyes, a nervous one can be seen in the blonde haired boy with blue eyes, and an unbothered look in the girl with black hair and gray eyes.

"There are way too much people in here. We should probably head to a less crowded place." Says the blonde haired boy.

The girl answered "Armin is right. Come on Eren let's head somewhere else."

"What are you two talking about? We should look around! It's not everyday we get to travel to another territory." The boy named Eren said.

"But,-"

"No buts! Come on," Eren said as he began to walk away "I'll leave you two if you both lag behind."

As they start to walk the number of people doubled. Making it impossible to even move.

"This is why I told him that we should go somewhere less crowded!" Armin protested as he was being squished between the multitude of people.

"Stay close to me Armin, I'll grab Eren and then we'll go." Mikasa said

Just as she look back to where Eren is, the boy is nowhere to be seen. Mikasa began to panic, she quickly grabbed Armin and weaved through the crowd while shouting Eren's name.

"Hey watch it!"

"Can you be more careful?!"

"Care to apologize HUH?!"

Mikasa keep on pushing forward, behind her Armin frantically bows his head for the inconvenience they brought to this people saying quick apologies here and there.

After some time they heard an all too familiar voice loud enough for the whole market to hear.

"WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!"

"That's probably Eren." Mikasa said in delight

Armin sighed as he had a hunch that Eren is yet in another trouble. Can't he just stay out of trouble? His temper always get the better of him.

Mikasa began to drag Armin to where the voice came from. But what greeted them was far worse than they hoped for.