Chapter 25: The Polaris City

The route they take was different from the one Eren, Armin and Mikasa took before. It is much longer because they didn't went through the neighboring territory. It took them three weeks, they also made a lot of stop since they have a royalty with them.

Sir Michael hadn't approached them again ever since that night. They would only see a glimpse of him when he has an announcement to make. His position is at the very front, alongside the three commanders, while they were positioned at the back together with Levi Squad's Oruo and Petra.

The two were tasked to take care of the new cadets. Oruo would kept on acting indifferent, but his roleplay would end once he hears a topic he wants to talk about, and once he speak he would bit his tongue in the process. Seems like the universe is stopping him from talking any further.

Petra talks to them often. She would talk about things like her experiences as a scout, how awesome their squad is, she would often talk about Captain Levi as well, and how excited she is for their visit to the Aelius Empire.

The trio can only listen to the two of them, but they were thankful since Oruo and Petra kept them sane. Honestly they were a bit on edge, ever since the news that they were chosen to be part of the envoy. They don't know what to expect, but now their leverage for going there is that they are part of the Survey Corps, they are here as an escort to King Fritz. Surely they wouldn't get killed once they got there, right?

"How about you three, aren't you excited?" Petra suddenly asked them.

"We're excited!" Armin shouted "and nervous at the same time." he added quietly

Mikasa and Eren looking at him.

"It's okay to be nervous." Petra assured them. "I don't know what to expect, according to the lecture we had the Aelius Empire sounds wonderful. I'm excited to see the beautiful sceneries some of the knights talked about." She added.

Mikasa remembered the time they spent at the Aelius Empire. She remembered how the place looks like, the busy and crowded market, the capital, the festivals they went to, the never-ending stores, the Imperial Palace, and of course the House Sterling's estate.

She wondered how they looked like now.

Oruo then joined the conversation

"If I'm excited for something, maybe it is to see their military forces." Oruo said, not biting his tongue for once.

The trio looked at his direction.

"We haven't seen their commanders. I wonder if they're as good as Captain Levi and m-" his tongue bloodied again.

"The commanders huh?" Petra said "I'm looking forward to that as well. Based on how they were introduced it sounded like they are really skilled."

"I'm looking forward as well." Mikasa said determined, earning a chuckle from Petra and a wide-eyed look from both Eren and Armin.

"Looks like Mikasa is on the same page as me! They have cool monikers too. The Wolf and the Empire's Sword." Petra stated.

Both were already seen by the trio.

One tried to end them.

While the other saved them.

As they all drifted into their own thoughts, a consecutive blow on the horn can be heard, signaling that they are near. Once they pass the forest in front of them, they will be on the Great Empire of Aelius' territory.

From a distance you can see the tall trees of the forest it is not as huge as the ones back in the Eldian Kingdom though. The forest is beautiful, some of the knights said it is safe in here, no creatures or whatsoever lurking around. Just a plain forest.

Past this forest is a vast green land. The air here is refreshing even when the sun is high up in the sky. The breeze is cold, thank goodness they are wearing cloaks.

As they get nearer to their destination Mikasa's heart began to pound faster on her chest. She doesn't know what type of emotion she is feeling right now. Everyone rode faster. The sooner they get there the sooner they can rest and relax. They weren't briefed on what exactly would happen, perhaps the higher ups were the only ones who knew.

A few minutes later they finally began to see the Mighty Gates of Eirik.

According to Sir Michael, it is the name of the northern gate of the Great Aelius Empire. Named after Emperor Eirik who has the most peaceful reign. In the center of the gate is a statue of the emperor. As usual, the gate's color is both yellow and white. It is really thick and tall, but not as tall as the three walls.

The trio haven't seen this before.

As the gates began to open, they were greeted by the sound of the trumpet, welcoming them to the empire. Once they enter the gate there is really no turning back. Time to face reality.

After a long journey, they have finally made it. Sir Michael told them that only the King's party and the commanders will stay at the capital while everyone else will be staying at Polaris City.

There are four major cities in the empire.

Helio. The capital.

Polaris. Located at the northern part of the empire.

Sirius. Located at the eastern part of the empire.

Canopus. Located at the southern part of the empire.

The western part of the empire is where the trio went before, it was the nearest one to the border. Most of the people living there are commoners.

They finally arrived at the Polaris City and the ones going to the capital quickly left. Some of the knights from the 2nd Division accompanied them to the place they'll be staying. They were led to a very spacious barracks. The ones they have back home cannot compare to this. They were given a tour of the place, the beds were soft and the place is extremely clean, Petra noting that Captain Levi will be delighted.

Afterwards they ate lunch, the food was beyond expectation. Does everyone eat food like this? No wonder the knights are healthy, the food served to them is really delicious and bountiful! Sasha even said that she can stay here forever, with Connie agreeing immediately.

The Polaris City is beautiful as well, not as much as the capital but it is beautiful in its own way.

The gang were informed by their superiors that they can rest for the remaining of the day. But no one is allowed to go outside of the barracks. No roaming around.

"THIS PLACE IS INCREDIBLE!" Sasha said excitedly.

"You're totally right! I've never eaten food as good as this." Connie replied.

"This city looks amazing as well, did you see all the tall and beautiful buildings?!" Marco chimed in.

"Too bad we can't explore." Jean said as he drinks water.

"I wonder how the capital looks like! This place is already magnificent. The Palace is located at the capital, right?" Marco asked.

"Yeah." Armin said nonchalantly.

"You sound like you've been here before." Jean said raising an eyebrow.

"Huh? No, I-I me-ean YES! Right? Eren? Mikasa?" Armin said nervously eyeing the two.

"Ye-yes! But would they allow you there, horseface?" Eren replied.

Mikasa silently watched as Eren tried to divert the attention.

"Ha?! Picking a fight already?" Jean snapped back.

The two continue to argue seemingly forgetting about the former topic.

"Anyway, I'm gonna head in first. I'm exhausted." Jean said as he stand up, furious from the previous conversation with Eren.

Marco waved goodbye to them and followed Jean.