Chapter 33: The 1st Division Commander

Sir Michael stood on the fortress alongside everyone else. The others were busy trying to figure out who can this man be, but not him. The only other person who can do it besides Duke Heroux is none other than the 1st Division Commander, Duke Sterling.

Then someone shouted catching everyone's attention.

"Its the Commander! Its the Commander! He is back!"

Everyone from the 1st Division cheered, they were all shouting and hugging each other at the news they have heard.

Armin looked at Mikasa, he saw that she was visibly surprised by the news. She was wide-eyed as she looks toward the battlefield.

"We are glad to have you back, Your Grace." Sir Bernard said.

"Thank you." Ethan replied.

"Your Graceeeee!" Someone shouted from a distance.

They all looked at the person approaching them and it is none other than Curtis' twin brother, Clyde.

"You're too slow." Curtis told him.

"You missed me?" Clyde replied cheekily.

"No, we have seen each other not too long ago idiot, come over here and help me already." Curtis said.

"Fine fine. What happened to you by the way?"

"A special grade appeared." Curtis said his tone serious.

"I see. No wonder you looked like shit." Clyde annoyed him.

Ethan looked at them, and said

"That beast is not a special grade."

"What?!" Curtis shouted. "I-I would have known if its not and Sir Bernard would have as well, right?"

"So its not a special grade huh? Why do you keep whining then?" Clyde provoked his brother again.

"What?! You little! Wa-wait, Your Grace, are you sure about that?"

"Are you really questiong His Grace right now?"

"No thats not what I-"

"Okay enough with the bickering. That information can be dealt with later. Let us all head back first shall we. I believe everyone's eager to welcome you, Your Grace." Sir Bernard said.

Ethan nodded and they began their walk back to the fortress.

From a distance they can see four people walking back at the fortress. As they saw the figure of a man clothed in full armor of his dark blue uniform the knights cheers grew louder. Its none other than their very own Commander.

Once the group come face to face with Sir Michael, the knights went silent.

"It is my pleasure to welcome you back to the Great Aelius Empire, Your Grace." Sir Michael said as he bowed. With everyone following in suit.

"It is good to see you. Its good to see everyone. I hope you have all been well while I was gone." Ethan replied.

"Now everything is much better, since you are back." Sir Bernard said.

They were all ordered to return to the camp while the higher ups were called for a meeting. Just as everyone was dispersing the gang huddled back together alongside Petra and Oruo.

"He is so handsome!" Petra squealed.

"Hey learn some self restraint." Oruo said.

"Come on! On top of being handsome he is extremely skilled as well!" Petra continued. The others just kept looking at her.