Chapter 5: The Accused

"YOU! Why are you out here? Aren't you supposed to be in custody?!" Benjamin shouted.

"Why does this guy always have to appear out of nowhere?" Armin thought

Mikasa stepped forward to create some distance between Benjamin and Eren. Clyde told them that he'll handle it but to no avail Benjamin furiously walk towards them as he pointed out a finger accusingly and said

"Criminals!"

This caught the guards' attention, and they started to walk towards them, Mikasa had enough of this guy, she was contemplating whether to knock him out then run or leave him be and run. She wasn't even paying attention with what was happening around. Then before she have any time to decide she heard a thud, and saw Eren, Armin and Clyde get taken away. Not long after this she too was being dragged.

Mikasa opened her eyes and a wave of relief washed over her as she saw the other three, but it did not last. She was tied and so are they. It seems that they are on their knees and in front of them not far from where they are kneeling was a throne. There are other people in the room but she recognizes no one.

"Looks like the girl is awake."

"Wake the other three, His Majesty will be here shortly."

Someone then kicked the other three which jolted them awake.

"Eren! Armin!" Mikasa called

The two groggily looked at her.

"Mikasa where are we? What's happening?" Eren questioned.

Mikasa looks at the ground. She doesn't know what is about to happen as well.

"Don't worry. I won't let any of them hurt you." Mikasa said in a low voice.

"That's sweet! Well I hate to break it to but we already did. Didn't my man over here kicked him a while ago?" The man said earning a laugh from the others.

"Hey don't be like that, at least the girl has some guts, doesn't she?" Another one said.

"Unlike the three wimps, that girl is hard to knock out you know?" Said a man trying to join in on the fun. The laughter grew and many words of insults to them were thrown, but it all dissipitated when another voice joined the conversation.

"So noisy." A deep husky voice said. It brought chills on the entire room. His presence is much heavier than the one with Sir Michael. He certainly didn't have to raise his voice to shut them all up.

What alarmed Mikasa was the hint of bloodlust in the man who spoke. One wrong move and they'll be sent to their deaths for who knows the reason why.

A couple of minutes passed before someone announced the arrival of the emperor.