Chapter 35: The True Feelings Revealed

After the reunion of Ethan and his sister which made quite a scene everyone went to the cafeteria for lunch. The gang plus Oruo and Petra alongside the warrior unit were all curious about the woman, the only thing they know is that he is the commander's little sister. Petra even said that she almost lost all hope after she saw how the girl interacted with the commander, she even thought that the girl was his fianceé. They questioned the trio again about the woman's identity.

"So you are saying, you've never seen that girl before?" Petra asked.

"Yes, it is our first time seeing her as well." Armin answered.

"The Duke did say he has a sister how did we forgot that?" Eren muttered to himself.

"Oh so the commander talked personally to you guys?"

"Well, yes, since technically we live in his house." Eren said.

"Did you saw his fianceé?" Krista asked. "I mean it would be impossible for you not to, the commander would have probably brought her to his house, right?"

The trio looked nervously at each other before Armin answered that they didn't since they stayed quite far from where the guests were received. They weren't dignified guests anyway, the House Sterling simply provided them with assistance. Which is all a lie.

"I see. I'm really curious with the fianceé though. Hmm."

Mikasa sat quietly by herself, Armin then quickly shifted the topic back to the woman.

"I have heard about the woman by the way. She is Lady Eleanor, the Commander's little sister. Apparently she was away for quite some time due to her studies."

Pieck also gave additional information about the lady, and they all exchanged stories for the rest of the lunch.

Ethan and his sister, alongside Clyde and Curtis are all gathered inside his office. They reunited three years ago but his sister told him that there is something she had to do and they again went on their separate ways. The two of them shared updates on each other before getting down to business.

"What is the purpose of your visit?" Ethan asked her.

"I wanted to see my brother. And I wanted to help him. I am more than capable of doing so, I have studied really hard, and I have what it takes to help you. I already went on missions of different sorts. I am a mage, I can help you greatly with all the mana thing and you know-"

Ethan quickly cut off Eleanor.

"You are welcome to do so."

Eleanor looked at his brother, she blinked a few times before saying

"That's it? No reason for me to justify my involvement in this battle we are in?"

Ethan shook his head.

"That is easy. And suspicious. I know my brother has always been kind, but... Nevermind. I also came here for another reason by the way."

"What is it?" Ethan said.

"Where is she?" Eleanor asked.

Ethan simply raised an eyebrow. While the twins looked at each other grinning. This would definitely be a good show.

"Come on, brother. Don't play dumb."

"I am not sure who you are referring to." Ethan replied.

"You're fianceé." Eleanor said nonchalantly.

The twins are now snickering at the side.

"Do I have to spell it to you? What was her name again?"

"Mikasa." Curtis said in a low voice as he pretends to cough which earned him a look from Ethan.