Chapter 21: The Eldian Military Force

It has been 3 and a half years since their return.

Many things happened.

The trio joined the military specifically the Survey Corps. Tasked to kill the titans invading the land of the Eldian Kingdom.

Eren was found out to be a titan but instead of getting killed he was used to fight other titans and be experimented upon.

Armin was still going on about how he wants to see the ocean, it was something they failed to accomplish last time when they were still at the Aelius Empire.

And Mikasa, was still as overprotective as ever to both of them. She came out first during the three year training in the military and was deemed as one of the strongest soldiers of the Kingdom.

It was like any other day. Or was supposed to.

A rumor spread like wildfire all throughout the kingdom. They were currently at the mess hall together with some of their friends. When a girl who goes by the name Sasha spoke in a hushed voice.

"Hey, have you heard about the rumor going around?"

The guy named Jean answered her

"How can we possibly not know about that? Everyone's practically talking about it you know?" He said.

"Yeah, what do you think about us Sasha? Stupid?" The boy with shaved hair butted in.

"Well, you read my mind Connie." Sasha replied leading to a bickering between the two on who is more stupid than the other.

"Heard about what?" Eren said with a curious look on his eyes.

Sasha and Connie stopped bickering, while Jean facepalmed.

"Oh boy, looks like Eren won this round huh." Connie said.

"Ha? Seriously, what are you talking about?" He asked again.

Sasha and Connie stared at him as they began laughing along with some comments about how dumb Eren is.

Armin shooked his head and then he answered Eren.

"They were talking about the alliance. Rumor says that someone offered their help to the Eldian Kingdom to eradicate the titans."

Jean then joined the conversation.

"More like an invasion to me. For years nobody offered such help you know, but then suddenly someone got interested. Shady if you ask me."

Marco, a boy with freckles and a huge amount of optimism spoke.

"Well, regardless they are still willing to help. If it means we can kill every last one of the titans it will all be good." He said smiling.

"Tsk. Whatever you say." Jean said unamused.

"Who offered their help to us though?" Eren said.

But before anyone can answer a survey corps member entered the mess hall saying that everyone is to gather outside for an announcement.

As they walked outside they saw that the scouts weren't the only ones present. Everyone from the three regiments came.

"Woah! Looks like some big announcement is happening." Jean said whilst making his way through the crowd.

"Looks like it Jean. Perhaps they'll finally address the rumor." Armin said.

Two people came towards the gang.

"Hi everyone!" a short girl with golden hair and blue eyes said energetically.

A tall girl beside her simply waved her hand.

"Hi Krista, hi Ymir." Armin said to them waving.

While they talk amongst themselves four people came up on stage.

"Attention!" The man named Dalias Zachary said.

Everyone stood in attention. The man is the premier of the three regiments. There are three more people behind him,

Nile Dok. Commander of the Military Police Regiment,

Dot Pixis. Commander of the Garrison Regiment, and

Erwin Smith. Commander of the Scout Regiment.

"For years, our land had been fighting for our freedom, against the oppression of titans. We have also lost countless lives on our journey. But that ends today. Help was given to us. The Eldian Kingdom is now under the rule of an empire promising to eradicate the titans that has long terrorized our lands, our people."

"So it is true then, but instead of an alliance we are under the rule of someone else now." Jean said in a low voice.

"I wonder who they are." Armin told him.

"Doesn't really matter if you ask me, if they are willing to help then they're definitely good people." Marco said.

"Finally, we will be able to retrieve our lands!" Sasha chimed in.

"Stupid. Just because they'll help us doesn't mean they are good people. They obviously want something in return." Jean said angrily.

"Hey! Would you dumbasses stop talking, the Premier is still talking you know." Eren said.

"Wow, as if you understand what they are talking about you suicidal maniac." Jean retorted.

"Ha?! What did you say horseface?!" Eren snapped back.

Before they make any more commotion Armin stood between the two of them, pleading for them to keep quiet or else they'll get punishment.

As they returned their attention to the Premier, his next words seemed to stun Eren, Armin and Mikasa.

"Now our lives are to be dedicated not only to the Eldian Kingdom, but more importantly to the Great Aelius Empire!"

After he said this someone else came up on the stage. The person looks awfully familiar. Clothed in a blood red uniform the man takes his position next to the Premier as he was given the authority to speak.