Chapter 22: The Battle Against Titans

"A pleasant day to everyone. As I speak the forces of the Aelius Empire's Order of the Knights 2nd Division are battling against the titans." The man calmly informed them.

This man, Armin can't possibly be wrong.

"Hey Armin, isn't that?" Eren said.

"Yes, it's him. It's Sir Michael." Armin said surprised by the fact that he is here.

"What's happening?" Armin thought.

It was a shock to see him here. Sir Michael continued to speak, he informed them that after this they will be immediately dispatched to the battlefield. He looks bored while he speaks, he went on about how the Eldian Kingdom is under the Aelius Empire. After a few minutes his speech is finally about to come to an end.

"The Military Police and Garrison will be responsible for the citizens safety while the Scouts will fight alongside the Order of the Knights 2nd Division. Now if you'll excuse me I have a battle to return to."

He quickly excused himself and Erwin Smith, took over.

"We are to depart immediate. Be ready in 5 minutes. Dedicate your hearts!" As he placed right fist onto his left chest.

The soldiers dispersed and went on their own assignments.

"I can't believe that he is here." Armin said talking to himself.

"Huh? Who is?" Connie asked him.

"Oh, nothing I was just, uhm, I,-."

"Come on Armin, I am not that stupid you know. Spill it." Connie said while nudging him.

Truth be told, Eren, Armin and Mikasa didn't spoke of the time they spent at the Aelius Empire. Nobody knew of this, but it looks like sooner or later it will be revealed.

Armin kept wondering why they decided to help the Eldian Kingdom. From what he remembers they despised them. Perhaps they are just deadset on expanding their territory.

"Armin." Mikasa snapped him out of his thoughts. She dragged him away from Connie.

"Oh, thanks Mikasa. What is it?"

"What are you thinking of?"

"I," Armin took a deep breath. "I'm just nervous, and excited I guess. Finally someone decided to help us but I can't shake the feeling that something bigger is coming. I still can't believe that the Aelius Empire were the ones who helped us. To think that we'll be encountering them once again."

"Do you think, he'll be here?" Mikasa asked quietly.

Armin looked at Mikasa, will any of them be here?

"I don't know, Sir Michael only said that the 2nd Division is here." He responded.

Of course they are both thinking of the only people who have shown them kindess. Too much kindess to be exact.

After their return, they rarely spoke of that. All three of them were guilty that they put the House Sterling at risk. How are they? Would they be able to see them again? Are they looking forward to to see them again?

Armin then added "I hope that one day we'll be able to seem them again. Don't you think it would be nice, Mikasa?"

Mikasa contemplated before answering. Do they have any right to see them again after all the trouble they brought? But she knows that if given the chance, she would surely want to see them again.

"I hope to see them as well." Mikasa shyly said.

Armin smiles at her "Now that we are under their rule, I guess we are one step towards seeing them. To be honest, I miss them. And the time we spent there is precious. Come on, we better get ready."