Chapter 28: The Eastern Territory

Early in the morning the scouts are on their way to the southern region. But then a change of orders came.

Instead of the southern region, the Scouts and Warrior Unit together with Sir Michael's Squad will head towards the eastern territory. Duke Heroux will be the one to go at the southern region.

According to the report, the eastern territory is in a much worse state, it has been for 3 years. This information is new to them, it wasn't disclosed that the empire is facing something like this. The information almost caused an uproar, but judging by the looks of the commanders, it was like they already knew about it.

The monstrous beasts kept on increasing in numbers everyday. This was the first time the beasts attacked other parts of the empire which caused great fear to everyone.

"We have to move quickly. It looks like the eastern territory is swarming with those beasts. I wonder if they're really doing their job." Sir Michael said the last part quieter, more like his talking to himself.

"Based on the information given, the beasts are classified into four. The 3rd class. They are single colored, which is brown. Their weakness? A slice to their nape. Sounds pretty easy, huh?" His words directed to the scouts.

No wonder they are able to fend themselves against the titans, they have similar beings here.

"The 2nd class. Two-colored. A slice to the nape as well. The 1st class, a combination of three colors. Weakness. Decapitate their heads."

Everyone listens intently.

"And lastly, the Special Class. They only have one color which is black. Their weakness can only be determined by those who can sense mana. And even for those who can, it will still be hard. They are obviously, the deadliest."

Gulps can be heard among the crowd as their morale dropped.

"But, based on the reports, there hasn't been any special class spotted into our territory. And the 1st class is extremely rare. The only problem is there are too many beasts. Also, their sizes isn't the basis of their level of threat, it is the color. Understood?"

"Yes sir!"

"Good, if everyone is ready-" then Sir Michael saw someone raised their hand.

It was Marco. What a brave kid.

"What?"

"I would like to ask who else would be fighting aside from us who are here. Since the commander of the 2nd Division, Duke Heroux is heading to the southern region and the 2nd Division here with us is only one squad." He said.

Sir Michael had a bored look on his face. Nothing new.

"Who else? Obviously the 1st Division would be there."

His answer made Eren and Armin look at each other, while Mikasa kept her gaze towards Sir Michael.

"He's not kidding is he? We'll finally see them, right?" Mikasa thought

Sir Michael saw the change in the trio's face. They look excited, especially that angry looking kid with green eyes. He has a visible grin on his face. While the moody girl had a change of expression.

"If thats all we'll begin to move." Sir Michael said.

They said yes and went on their journey.

For two whole hours they kept on riding. Sir Michael kept on riding and riding, he didn't even looked back to see if no one is lagging behind. What a heartless guy!

On his defense, he said that its safe in this area. When they finally came to a halt the only people who doesn't looked tired are Sir Michael along his Squad, The scouts higher ups plus Mikasa and some of the warrior unit. Everyone is panting. Some were lying on the ground, while others stared blankly into space, or some threw up.

"We'll be arriving there in another 2 hours." Sir Michael announced.

The look on their faces was priceless. But no one can do anything about it, they can only say yes.

"Once we get there we won't be engaging the enemy anyway. There will be debriefing on the situation. We will simply observe until orders are given. Make sure that you're all on top shape. You don't wanna die on your first assignment. We'll continue after 20 minutes." He said as he walked away.

This guy has some serious issues. Can't he see that they're all dying in here?

They were quickly told to eat and do whatever they have to do since the sooner they get there the sooner they can rest. His pretty obnoxious some thought but they can't refute him.

After two more hours of nonstop riding they can see a camp, not too far from where they currently are. Just a little more push and they can finally all rest from this hellish journey. Once they arrived at the camp they were quickly told to gather outside. As everyone began to gather they finally get to see the knights clothed with the dark blue uniform. The 1st Division, led by the Empire's Sword.

"I wonder how skilled these ones are." Erwin thought

"Wow! Their uniform is really pretty!" Krista said.

"Ye-yeah! I think its beause dark blue is the official color of the House Sterling." Armin told her.

"What a pretty color! It looks elegant, doesn't it?" Krista says as she smiles, some others noticed Krista and immediately fell in love.

"Gotta marry her." Someone thought.

Soon after that someone caught their attention.

"Glad you lot made it. I thought you all chickened out."

Wait this voice? Isn't he?

"We're all here as per your request, Vice Commander." Sir Michael replied.

Mikasa saw the man whom Sir Michael is talking to. Isn't he the man who from the capital back then? The one who let them free right away?

"You can rest first, the number of beasts decreased."

"That is what we're planning to do. Though the information is not said in the report."

"Things change rather quickly. Are you tired as hell huh, Michael?"

"Not that much Vice Commander Bernard."

"Then, I'll give you a few reminders." He said as he turned towards the soldiers. "I believe you have already been told details about what you're fighting against. Right now, the condition is not as bad as you expected. Were you disappointed? The number of beasts decreased, thank goodness. But during a battle, always expect the unexpected. Anytime the tide may turn against us. Now then, does any of you want to see the battlefield?"

They were led a top the fortress, acting as defensive wall. 30 meters from here is where the battlefield is. Since the fortress is a higher ground they can perfectly see the scene of the battlefield.

Bloody.

Is one of its description, and the smell is awful as well.

They saw how the knights from the 1st Division fought. While the 2nd Division is know for its ruthlessness, the 1st Division is known for its precision and flawless execution. This was the first time everyone have seen them fight including the trio.

"I am sure you are all familiar with this kind of scene." Sir Bernard said "You can start on your duty the day after tomorrow. Be prepared, you'll be training for the whole day tomorrow. Understood?"

"Yes sir!"

"Good! Now go back to your barracks."

The next day, they spent the entire time training, having lectures and doing more training.  When night came the captains and commanders where called for a meeting.

"Hey." Someone approached the scouts. A big and bulky blonde haired man.

"My name is Reiner, and this is Bertholdt." Pointing at the tall man beside him.

"We're from the warrior unit." He said.

The gang then took turns introducing themselves. After sharing some stories with the two waved goodbye. They learnt that the Warrior Unit is composed of seven people. They have been training together ever since they were kids.

Before everyone went back to their barracks one of the knights announced someone's arrival.