Chapter 15: The Tragedy

"MONSTERS!"

"KILL THEM!"

"SPAWN OF THE DEVIL!"

As the room was filled with protests from the nobles, Eren can be found at the middle of the room with Armin supporting him as he struggled to keep himself steady.

And in front of them is Mikasa.

She stood there defensively as she held a broken sword on her right hand. While on her left arm, blood was dripping from the wound she received after exchanging blows with several knights who tried to take a step closer to them.

Where did everything went wrong?

Just a few hours ago they were having fun at the plaza, there was a festival being held, Clyde said it is the season for the famous Aelius tree. It blooms once a year, and people believed that if you give it to the person you love, you will be with them forever. It is a sign of longevity after all.

The three of them along with Clyde and Curtis decided to split up, they said to meet at the fountain in the middle of the plaza before sundown. Mikasa did not want the idea of splitting up, but Armin and Eren insisted that they want to explore on their own too, Eren even made an oath not to pick fights with anyone just for today. Afterwards, she reluctantly agreed, but if he does pick fight Mikasa would stick with him everywhere he goes from now on.

Mikasa walked by herself, she didn't need anything to buy anyway so why bother visiting stores. As she walked all alone, she found herself looking at the famous Aelius tree. It wasn't as captivating as she thought, It's leaves were of yellow colored, and its white flower bloomed beautifully. Perhaps what's important is the story behind it.

This empire is obsessed with yellow and white colors, aren't they? Mikasa thought.

It was their supposed time to meet, but the others were running late, Eren was late. Before running off to find Eren, Armin came running towards Mikasa, his face looks troubled. He said Eren suddenly attacked several people, it was different from his usual fights, he was like some sort of an animal.

Mikasa hurriedly went to Eren with a heavily injured Curtis trying to hold him down, Clyde was in a worse state than him. He was lying unconscious on the street, blood gushing from his side. The two rushed to his side as they tried to stop the bleeding, but they had to hurry with what they are doing or else Curtis would eventually be on the same state.

Curtis kept his hold on Eren. He is shorter but he is definitely bigger than him physically, he is also a great fighter though not yet recognized as a knight. He is sure that what he is fighting is definitely a beast, even though he is confident that he can fight him, sadly his injuries made it all the more harder for him to do so.

The boy knew he had to do everything he can to put him to sleep, but Eren has way too much energy. He had already tried to restrict his movements several times but he still went on a rampage.

"Can't you just sleep already?! COME ON YOU ANGER FREAK!" he groaned. But to no avail, this stupid kid kept on fighting back.

Before he could think of anything else to do, something struck Eren, and his body went limp. He looked at where it came from and saw  Duke Heroux himself, walking towards them. The crowd dispersed at the man's sudden entrance.

"I knew it." He said in a low voice. "Should have really killed him back then."

Duke Heroux motioned towards his men to pick them up and bring them to one of the dungeon cells located at the Imperial Palace.