Chapter 26: The Palace

Its been three days since they arrived at the empire, and they are still forbidden to go outside the barracks. In those three days, they simply ate, slept, chatted and then repeat.

"I'm bored."

"Same."

Sasha and Connie said as they place their heads at the table.

"I thought you could stay here forever?" Armin said chuckling at the two.

Sasha answered him.

"Yes, but not specifically inside the barracks! For three days! I wanna see the city."

"Well, we can't break rules. They said to stay here and thats what we have to do." Marco said.

"To be honest, though I am bored as well I don't want to sneak out and risk getting caught." says Jean.

"You're right." Sasha and Connie said.

Suddenly someone barged inside the cafeteria almost breaking the door.

"Why are you all looking sad?!" The voice said.

"Hey, four-eyes you're being too loud."

They saw Section Commander Hange and Captain Levi, in the flesh, walking towards them.

"Jeez, you're too sensitive. Anyway, we bring good news! Tomorrow, first thing in the morning we will be going to the capital! Yehey!"

Sasha and Connie quickly straighten up and gave each other high fives. Finally!

Armin raised his hand.

"What will we be doing Section Commander Hange?" He inquired politely.

"Sir Michael said there will be a celebration tomorrow at the Imperial Palace. It is to celebrate the victory against titans. Well, specifically, us being ruled by them. We will be having an audience with the emperor." Hange told them.

"Looks like we'll be seeing the emperor soon." Armin thought

"Did they say any other information?" Eren asked her.

"Information like what?"

"Who will be attending?"

"Sadly they weren't informations like that. We'll just have to see for ourselves tomorrow. Make sure your uniforms are clean, we don't wanna disappoint. We'll be on our way then." Hange said as she bids farewell to the group. Levi following behind her, arms crossed.

Morning came and everyone is preparing to leave. They were informed that they will ride carriages. Once again the knights from 2nd Division were the ones to escort the three regiments. Jean pointed out how they haven't seen anyone from the 1st Division. They saw a few from the 3rd Division already as they take a look outside.

During the whole ride none of them can stay put as they were all excited and nervous. Sasha and Connie kept making scenarios in their head, some of it were impossible. Eren asked them what they are all looking forward to.

Sasha said she can't wait to explore the whole empire. The same goes for Connie.

Krista wants to see the beautiful sceneries in the empire. Ymir simply agreeing, saying Krista is really adorable.

Marco said he is looking forward to seeing the Imperial Family. With Jean mocking him for it.

"What about you three?" Marco asked.

"I want to explore the empire too." Eren said.

"Same here!" says Armin.

They all looked at Mikasa expecting for an answer and all they received is Mikasa staring right back at them. No one dared to question any further, but after a few seconds Mikasa answered as she looked outside the carriage.