Chapter 6: The Emperor

"His Majesty has arrived." The voice shouted.

Everyone stood in attention while the emperor walks toward his seat. His cape sweep the floor as his long white hair flow magnificently behind him. His shoes made a loud clacking sound being the only thing to be heard inside the throne room. Just before sitting down he eyed everyone with his bright yellow eyes, the signature eye color of the Imperial family. After he sat down the greetings were spoken.

"BLESSINGS UPON THE PILLAR OF THE GREAT AELIUS EMPIRE!"

Then everyone went silent.

The emperor looks towards the four of them. There is no emotion in his eyes. After what felt like forever he finally spoke.

"Where is Count Rufus' son?"

"I am here Your Majesty!" Benjamin said as he bowed deeply to the emperor.

"Proceed."

"This man," pointing to Eren "attacked me earlier this day."

There were gasps and murmurs inside the throne room but was immediately cut off just by the look on the emperor's eyes. He was looking at Eren.

"What is your defense young man?"

Eren contemplated before answering "I wasn't looking at him. I was looking for my friends. I got separated from them due to the huge crowd. But then he accused me of looking at him and then he punched me!" Eren said angrily.

"Watch the way you speak in front of His Majesty." The man with a deep husky voice said.

"Now now, let us all remain calm." the emperor interjected.

Benjamin then spoke "It is not true Your Majesty. I wouldn't do such a thing."

"Do you have a witness?" The emperor questioned him.

"Yes, I have a witness Your Majesty. Bring her in!"

Benjamin's guards then brought forth an old lady whom Armin recognized almost immediately. She was the one who warned him and Mikasa not to involve themselves with the count's son.

"Tell them what you saw." Benjamin said.

The lady then began to speak and her story is exactly the same as Benjamin's. She was shaking as she kept her eyes on the ground, avoiding everyone's gaze. Armin guessed that she was probably threatened by Lord Benjamin. There is no other reason for her to lie.

"I also heard a rumor that they are not from here Your Majesty." Benjamin added with a glint in his eyes.

It seems that this caught the emperor's attention. He questioned them where are they from and Eren was the one to answer the question.

"We are from the Kingdom of Eldia."

The answer made things worse.

"Your majesty, if I may." Benjamin said, he was then given permission to speak. "Isn't the Kingdom of Eldia known for its people turning feral?"

The information caused an uproar. Different pleas where heard but everything leads to the trio's death. Some says they should be burned alive, experimented on, tortured, others asked for a public execution and more. As minutes passed the people are becoming more and more anxious.

They saw them as a threat, there are indeed rumors that the people from the Walled Kingdom are monsters, and they are open to cannibalism. A truly disgusting and despicable thing to do.

The rumor was strengthened by the assault made to one of their districts, the Shiganshina District located in Wall Maria, where mutilated bodies were found and the whole place painted red.

The man with the deep husky voice walked towards Eren. Mikasa struggled on her restraints in an attempt to free herself to protect Eren. Every step he take makes it harder for Armin to breathe as panic and fear overtakes him, he was trying his best to come up with any idea that might save them, but being in a foreign land did not help, he does not know anything about their justice system. Eren kept glaring on the man, and then his breathe hitched at the man's next words.

"What are we gonna do with him then?"

He pointed to Clyde. How could they possibly forget? Eren felt sorry for him, because he got involved in them he might get killed as well.

As they looked over Clyde they saw his intense gaze as his eyes focused on the man, and he spoke these words with great determination.

"You cannot do any of that."

What he said taken everyone aback. What is this man even saying? Isn't he supposed to bow and pleas to them not to kill him? And on top of that he said it in front the emperor. His next words shocked everyone all the more, but most importantly Mikasa.