Chapter 34: The Other Woman

Its been a week since Ethan's return. He spent the entire time training his knights and holding meetings. It was rare to see him outside of his room aside from doing those two things.

Some think that the commander's return is truly a blessing, ever since he came back there were not much beasts for the whole week. Those who are injured are now fully healed, their regular duties are being carried on as well.

One night Eren, Armin and Mikasa went to look for Curtis and Clyde. They asked some knights about the twins' whereabouts and were told where they were staying. As the trio made their way to where the twins stayed, they met Sir Michael, again. He wore the same bored expression, and the trio bowed at him. They were taken aback when he spoke.

"Looking for some trouble again?"

The trio stopped on their tracks.

"Don't worry I won't stop you." Sir Michael then began to walk away.

Once he was out of sight Eren spoke.

"What the hell is his problem?"

"I don't know but it doesn't matter right now. Come on." Armin said.

They quicken their pace and was able to reach the place where the twins are staying. Armin knocked at the door, but to their surprise the one who opened it was none other than

"Captain Levi?"

"What are you brats doing here?" Levi said.

The trio were frozen at their spot. But was saved by Hange.

"Oh! Did you come looking for these two?" she gestured her hand towards someone.

By now everyone knew already about the history between the trio and the House Sterling. Though the story is not fully revealed. It was thanks to the scene made by Sir Michael, for someone who is always bored and somehow reluctant to speak, surprisingly he was the one who talked about it.

Once they peek inside the room they saw Clyde and Curtis playing a game called chess. Hange let the trio inside. The twins didn't even acknowledge their presence it seems like they were engrossed in playing.

After a few moments.

"I won." Clyde stated.

"Arghhhh." Curtis groaned.

"That's the 8th time today. Come on brother are you sure you're even trying?" Clyde said.

Curtis closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He then slammed his hands on the table before saying

"Let's go again."

"No can do. We still have a lot to do."

"Fine." Curtis said grumpily.

"Besides, we have visitors." Clyde said as he looked at the trio.

"Well then I am off to bed." Curtis said as he stand up.

He walked past the trio but before he went out of the door he bid them all goodnight, Hange and Levi followed not long after leaving the four of them.

"I apologize for his behavior." Clyde said as he stood up. He went to the kitchen and brought back a tray containing some tea and refreshments.

"Tea?" Clyde offered them.

The trio simply nodded.

Clyde began to serve them some tea. The scene looks familiar, it was like they were back five years ago. Once Clyde finished he sat down.

"What made you visit?" asked Clyde.

"N-Nothing really in particular." Armin said as he fiddled with the teacup's handle.