3 | Next Level

Run.

Her instincts told her, but she held her ground and didn't step back. Instead, she glared at Taehyung and lifted her chin to show him that she wasn't afraid of him or her fate. The Capo clicked his tongue and walked around her. "I don't know what to make out of your courage, princess. Bravery or a plain stupidity?" he wondered out loud.

"And, I don't know what to make of your morals, capo." Joy turned her face to bit out. "I'm not a mouse you're going to play with until you get bored and swallow me whole. I'll not play your game."

Baekhyun watched the woman. "You're unconsciously playing his game. Whether you like it or not." He glanced at Taehyung and chuckled. "Look at my Capo's face. He's feeding off your defiance. Can't you see that?"

Joy recognized that predatory look in the Capo's eyes, and looked around slowly. She was surrounded by a lot of soldiers. There was no way in hell she could escape from here without dying or surrendering herself to the enemy. "I want to have a fair chance at winning. Drop the weapons," she demanded.

Taehyung gave her an amused look. "Now princess, why would we do that?" he tilted his head. "We're honourable, yes, but haven't you heard? Everything is fair in love and war. This is war." He took the strap of her bag in between his fingers, and pulled it down. "But, I'm presenting you a deal. Fight me."

Her eyes widened. "Fight you?"

"Uhm-hmm. If you win, no one here will stop you from leaving. It's my word." Taehyung smiled. "Is it fair enough to you?" He knew what he was doing. Trapping her in the web of her own words. She had a pride in her, and he was a hungry wolf, ready to tear it apart.

Joy threw her bag on the ground. Baekhyun threw her a curious glance, and she curled her hands into fists. "I'm in."

"Fair warning." Taehyung towered over her. "I don't discriminate between a man and a woman. We've an oath to protect women and children, but..." His eyes scanned her face. "A female opponent doesn't come under this rule. I'll be treating you like a fighter. Harshly. Might break your few bones."

"Don't underestimate me, you jerk." She lifted her fist to punch him but he blocked her attack and held her wrist, twisting it painfully. Her body turned on its own accord as he kicked her knee and had her on the ground, arm twisted behind her back.

"You gave up rather quickly." Capo chuckled and leaned down to take a look at her when she pushed her head in his direction. Unfortunately he had seen it coming and dodged her attack. "Ah.. You're interesting, I give you that, but I don't have a whole night to play with you, so how about you surrender?"

"Never." Joy glared up at him. He sat on his knee, and smiled. "I'm not falling into this innocence of your face. Got it?" she watched as he traced the lines of her cheek, and before she knew it, Baekhyun pushed a handkerchief over her face, and drugged her. She struggled, grabbing onto Taehyung's arms, but in vain. In a matter of seconds, she lost her consciousness.

"We really didn't uphold our honour tonight." Taehyung mused, and lifted the woman in his arms. "But, it doesn't matter, right? No one will know what we did." He went to the car, and placed her inside.

"Boss is going to be pissed. We didn't get Hyeran," Baekhyun muttered. "But, having Sooyoung is also a great deal, you know. I feel like it will cause a rift between the Officer Park and Capo Mujabihan. What do you think?"

Taehyung gave it a thought, and hummed. He pulled out Joy's phone from the bag and pressed her fingerprint to unlock the piece. "Go through her phone." He gave it to Baekhyun. "You'll find Hera from here. I'll go and start preparing for the wedding now. How does it sound?"