39 | Where's My Love

Please leave comments if you like the chapter. The story is coming to an end soon. So it's your chance, guys.

Hera woke up to find herself wrapped up in Baekhyun's arms. Her breathing almost stopped when she saw him that close to her. Sex was a different prospective, but she and her husband had never been this close beside sex, and it made her feel weird. A lot weird.

Sunrays made his skin glow and unconsciously she lifted her hand and touched him. There was a frown on his forehead and slowly she caressed away the creases. God, why he is so pretty with a devil soul. That's unfair. Her fingers traced his cheek and a sigh escaped her lips. His eyes fluttered and Hera's eyes widened as she at once closed her eyes tightly. She could feel her heart burst into her chest as she tried to regulate her breathing. Damn it.

His touch was careful, almost gentle as he twirled a strand of her hair and placed it over her breast as the back of his hand caressed her rosy cheek. "I know you're awake," he whispered.

That was it. Hera couldn't suppress the embarrassment and sat up but before she tumbled out of the bed, he plopped her on his lap so that she was straddling it and wrapped a large hand around her waist. Baekhyun stared at her with dark eyes, so darkish blue, they practically blend with the darkness he had in his life.

"Don't." She closed her eyes.

"Don't what?" Baekhyun stared at her closed eyes, and smiled, but as soon as she opened her eyes, he calmed his expressions to a poker face. "What am I doing?"

"Looking at me differently." Hera narrowed her eyes. "You're a manipulative person, but I'm already your wife. You've Mujabihan loyalty so you don't have to pretend to care."

"But I care about you."

"No, you don't. Your actions, your need to hurt me... it's there. I had a first hand experience with your devil last night." She lowered her head and waited for him to snap at her.

Baekhyun knew what she was expecting. That he would say something mean, and she would be reminded of him being a devil. That whatever she wanted in a relationship, he won't give it to her. While he wanted her at distance, he couldn't do that at the moment. He couldn't hurt her.

So he did the only thing he could do to show her that he was hers. He grabbed her face and kissed her mouth deeply, and she grabbed onto him as she welcomed him home. Her body fell into his, and everything in her melted. Baekhyun kissed her for all the times he couldn't kiss her.

He kissed her until they were breathing each other in. "Hera," he whispered like a prayer, and she leaned back to look at him. Her eyes soft and face flushed.

Fuck her.

Ruin the moment.

Say something mean. She's a chess piece. That's it. You can't give her what she wants. Let her be in a misery.

Fuck her, and show her the beast you are. Diminish the hope in her eyes.

She won't say it, but she'll fall for you, and end up getting hurt. You're not what she deserves.

"Don't." Hera placed a hand over his lips, and his train of thoughts stopped. His large wrapped around her wrist, but she didn't bulge and shook her head. "Don't say anything. I know you do that to push me away, but don't do it now."

"Then let me say it. Or don't look at me like that," he replied gruffly.

"You promised." She gulped, and watched how he visibly shut himself. The light that she saw a few minutes ago, it diminished slowly and her heart broke again as she nodded to herself. "Promises are meant to be broken after all. So what's in your mind? To ruin this?"