37 | I See Red

Trigger warning: blood shed

Note: Guys I came back to update even in the midst of my busy schedule, so least you all can do for me is leave comments? Please? Only if you like the story that is. It really cheers me up :)

"Do you really want to go inside with your pissed off look?"

Suho shook his head and got out of the car. Irene followed after, her frown deepening with each step she was taking in the direction of the house. The initiation ceremony and the gathering was happening in the Boss's common house.

"I'm talking to you." He grabbed her elbow, and she was startled out of her thoughts. "I don't torture you, so can you please stop try to act like a miserable woman?"

"Yeah, sure." Irene scoffed and got out of his grip as they walked into the house hall.

People were buzzing around, drinking champagne and chattering among themselves. Servants were going back and forth serving and managing the theme for the initiation. The moment knives were brought into the hall and placed on the table, everyone started scattering around.

"Initiations is about to start." Announcement was made. "Those who wish to attend, stay. Others are free to move to the other hall. Thank you."

"Why are people moving out?" Suho frowned as he watched the made men and some other men with their wives walking towards the other hall after bowing down to the boss. "What's going on?"

"Because initiation ceremony is going to start." Irene's one sentence answer didn't fulfil his curiosity.

"So common made men aren't allowed to be present?" He further inquired. "Status discrimination in the Mafia?"

She pressed her lips into a thin line but then laughed. "Sorry," she mumbled, but couldn't stop grinning. "It's just... You'll see why they're going out. Being present during the initiation ceremony comes with a price to pay. Keep on watching."

"Oh please just say it." Suho rolled his eyes but then he paused. The hall was almost empty, with only handful of people present now. "What's going on?"

Irene smirked. "Just know that you're safe. You can watch the ceremony without any worry."

Her words didn't make any sense. His eyes fell on the pure white carpet laid down on the way to the centre of the hall. Just like Suho, a lot of Mujabihan men were in confusion. They all were asked to attend the ceremony on their own responsibility, and like him, everyone stayed in their place, curious as to what was going to happen.

"Will you be safe though?" He asked, and Irene glanced at him. "You said I'm safe from whatever it is going to happen here, but what about you?"

"Why? You care?" She scoffed.

"Of course, I care. You're my wife." Suho stared at her unflinching and Irene avoided his eyes, a frown on her face.

"I'm a member of Sal-inja -"

"You're my wife. No longer a member of this fuckery. Get this through your thick skull," he said the words with a bright smile to keep up the pretense of the happy couple. "Okay?"

Irene looked away from him, and focused her attention on the centre stage. "Yes."

Yeji crossed arms over her chest, and saw Soobin sulking in the corner. Jisoo and Hoseok were gushing among themselves. Kyungsoo was in the corner with the boss of Mujabihan, Kai. Baekhyun and Hera were standing side by side, with the latter taking in the scene with a frown.

Yeonjun smiled at Yeji, and came to stand beside her. "Another tradition?"

"We've a lot of them," She said with a goofy grin. "You can shift to other room if you want to."