27 | Wedding Day

Baekhyun stared down at his hands. They were covered with blood. Her blood. His fingers trembled as his wide eyes scanned the floor he was sitting on. So much blood. The phone in his pocket started vibrating, snapping him out of the situation.

Dread settled in the pit of his stomach when he saw the name on the screen. "Taehyung."

"Wow, you actually picked up the call. I lost the bet, Irene." He was laughing with his cousin. "Where is she?"

"Dead. She's dead, Tae-" His voice broke as his knees gave in and he sat there in the pool of blood.

"Repeat that." Taehyung's voice turned quiet. "I said, Baekhyun repeat that."

"She's fucking dead, Taehyung! Everything is over. Whatever we did ended in ashes. She's is dead!"

Silence. "Irene, call the cleaning crew. Send it to my apartment, and Baekhyun. Baekhyun."

He breathed through his nose. "Yes."

"Get a hold on yourself. I'm coming."

"We'll avenge her." His eyes stared at her body, and bile came up his throat. "Right? We'll avenge her, Capo."

"We will. Consigliere, we will."

Yeonjun pulled his cousin Wonyoung behind him, his hand rested on the gun in his coat. He glanced at Yeji, who already had her gun out, pointing at the intruders. Contrary, his cousin was shaking like a leaf, and he wondered why Mujabihan never really trained their women like Sal-inja.

"I think I'm going to throw up," Wonyoung whispered, and he shielded her more.

"No. That's a sign of a weakness. No throwing up, Won." Yeonjun gave her a look, and she paled. "Hold yourself like a soldier for the fuck's sake."

Sweat trickled down Hera's forehead and temple, but the tears wouldn’t join in. She wasn't supposed to cry in fear. A show of weakness. That was what it would be called if she showed any emotion right now. Baekhyun was in front of her, and call it decency or stupidity, but she didn't want him to take a bullet for her either. She just wanted this day to be over, with everyone safe and sound.

"Joy." Taehyung was hovering over her. "You're to stay here. Don't move. Understood?"

She blinked, too stunned for a reply. He straightened. For him, this matter was settled. He'd given an order and naturally expected her to obey.

"I don't remember sending you an invitation, Capo." Taehyung stepped forward to take the charge. One look from him, and Hoseok went to Joy, keeping her away from the intruders sight.

"You should be there with Taehyung. You're an enforcer. Not here." Joy gave him a push, but he didn't budge. "Hoseok, I'm not important right now. Taehyung's safety is."

Even Irene came to her side. "Stay here. Don't move," she ordered. Joy didn't know what was the deal with them, but didn't argue further.

"We're old friends." Jungkook waved at everyone. "I didn't think I would need an invitation for the reunion of Outfit and Sal-inja. You hurt me, Capo." His eyes moved to Baekhyun. "My favorite consigliere."

"I don't share the sentiments." Baekhyun flexed his shoulders, scanning the gun in his hands. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh come on!" Jungkook spread his arms wide. "For the same reason as you guys. Russians are motherfuckers. Tong is a group of back stabbers. Even Yakuza gets involved time to time."