41 | Apocalypse

Thanks to all the readers who are commenting on the chapters. I love you <3

"I don't want your explanation."

Suho went to the table and got a file in his hand as he went through the contents without actually reading it. Irene was standing by the door, staring at him unflinchingly. He sighed and glanced at her when she didn't leave.

"You know why we've bloody sheets tradition?" She stepped inside the bedroom, her eyes blank. "Any guess?"

"Joy is here in the house. I don't want any bullshit." His stance hardened. "Go to sleep."

"Divorce me."

He paused and he stared at the file. Hard. "What did you say?"

"We never shared a bed. According to mafia, the marriage is invalid."

In two steps, Suho reached her. "Might I remind you that you're no longer a part of that fuckery!" He grabbed her elbow and glared down at her. "That type of fucked up tradition doesn't exist here."

"We've different priorities. I might not be bound by Omerta-"

"You're not?" He asked, and her eyes widened as she stepped back, but his grip kept her in place. "I know mafia rules, Irene. Did your Capo release you from your duty?"

"Yes. Are you happy now that I'm at your mercy?" A tear rolled down her cheek. "They're my family and I can't let them go. I'll always be there for them, and you'll always be our enemy. This alliance won't last, and someday if I've to choose-"

"You don't have to say it." Suho placed both his palms on her cheeks until his lips hovered an inch away from hers and then, just like that, he brushed them against her mouth once before he claimed them in a kiss.

"What?" She looked at him wide eyed.

"I know your answer." He released her and she felt the cold settling in her stomach. "And, no. I won't let you go. Ever."

"Why?"

"Because you're mine. You always have been, even before your ex lover came into your life."

"You know about -"

"I know everything about you."

His fingers digged into her skin as he angled her head up and plunged his tongue inside, swirling it against hers. It was like he couldn't get enough. It was like she couldn't get enough. It was their first kiss after the wedding, and it somehow felt like a goodbye.

"But -"

"And, if I've to fuck you in this moment to consummate this marriage then I'll. I'm never letting you go. Never."

"Water. Please give me some water."

Soobin watched Karina begging the guard in her soft weak voice, and how the man shook his head, saying no. They wanted her to go crazy so that the truth serum would work properly. No food or water was allowed for her. Her skin had paled and the eyes which once shone with love and life were lost in darkness. Darkness of his world.

"Are you sure you can do it?" Taehyung stood beside him. "Things will only go difficult from here."

"If it got tougher than this, then I'll tell you. Kill me." Soobin kept staring at Karina and as if she felt his eyes, she looked up at him through the glass window. "Kill me before I do anything that our principles frown upon."

"Why are you not betraying us?"

Taehyung also watched Karina and knew that look all too well. That was how Joy saw him, looked at him. With hopelessness and regrets. With the wish that they had never met the devils these men were. Karina was looking at the underboss the same way. Wishing she could hate him, but didn't.