28 | Yes Or Yes

Baekhyun opened the door to the bedroom.

Hera raised her head, and walked past him. The door clicked shut. She thought of running out of the room, but then decided against it. The white sheets made her stomach churn. Not because of what was expected tonight, but because of the meaning this tradition held. Virtue. That was all women in mafia good for.

"I need a drink," the consigliere muttered under his breath and walked towards the table. He poured considerable amount of scotch into the glass, and glanced at his wife. "Do you want a drink too? You seem to need one."

"I'm perfectly fine. Thank you." Her voice wavered.

The terror in her voice didn't settle well with him. For a moment, he was sure to pick up the phone to tell Taehyung to screw himself on the fucking sheets, that he couldn't do it, but then, next day Baekhyun's blood would definitely grace them red. Fucking mafia traditions.

"It's my first time. So go easy on me." Hera stood against the wall, watching him.

His phone chimed. Enjoy your night. Joy is with me. Taehyung had an audacity of sending a wink emoji. A wink emoji. Baekhyun thought of different ways to strangle the Capo, and grumbled as he downed the liquor in one go. 

"Come here," Baekhyun sat in bed, and she slowly walked towards him. "You're my wife now. We share the same fate. Can l expect you to keep our private life a secret?"

"A secret?" She repeated, unsure if she heard him right.

"Yes. How I treat you behind the closed doors, it won't go outside. Do we have a deal?" He knew he wasn't going right with his words because Hera stiffened, probably thinking the worst of him. "I'm not going to do anything wrong. It's just... I'm not a fan of gentleness outside the doors."

"You... You want to be good... to me, but only behind the closed doors? Did I get it right?"

"You did."

"Will it make you feel good if your men think that you are a monster to me?"

Baekhyun saw visible confusion in her eyes, and ran a hand down his face. "Look, I've a reputation to maintain. It's not that I'll treat you badly in front of people, but I won't give you gentleness either."

She nodded her head slowly, and gulped when he tugged her hand. Her legs landed folded in his lap, and she adjusted herself, staring into his eyes. "Can I ask for fidelity too?"

"I swear I'm only yours. No other woman from now on."

"You won't ever raise your hand on me?" She regarded him with uncertainty, her eyes suddenly filled with anxiety. "Promise?"

"I would. To spank you." His lips twisted in a smirk. "I love that shit."

Hera chuckled, looking away. Then paused. "I can't believe I'm laughing right now. I thought I would be a crying mess tonight."

"You'll act like you were a crying mess tomorrow morning." Baekhyun's jaw hardened. "I can't have you talking about our private moments out in open."

"We've established that." She tilted her head, and held her breath when he pulled out a knife from his pocket. "I know the tradition." Giving him a nod, she stood up and he carefully cut down her wedding dress. 

An arm wrapped around her stomach and sharply pulled her back so she was pressed to a hard body. His palm pressed flat against her belly, holding her in place as he leaned down. "So fucking beautiful..." He kissed her shoulder and stifled a smile when saw her flushed face.

"I'm going to make you feel good. Allow me."

Hera knew. So did Baekhyun. That there was no coming out of it. The bloody sheets weren't only a sign of her virtue, but also a trap. A couple could nulify their marriage in mafia if they hadn't consummated their wedding. This was a way of securing that the arrangement was permanent. That the deal was sealed.