40 | I Hate You

"Are you sure you can be here?" Soobin stared at Irene blankly as she narrowed her eyes. "Your dear husband doesn't like it when you visit us. He considers us as a dirty laundry."

The brunette ignored the comment. "You did it purposely. No? You broke Yeji's trust so that there could be an alliance between Sal-inja and Mujabihan."

"Boss ordered it."

The latter sighed as she looked over his shoulder to glance at Karina through the glass window. Her head was down and it seemed like she was already asleep, but Irene knew better. The girl was being broken down second by second by weakening her body, and then she would be injected with the truth serum which would work efficiently when she would be hazy.

"How long are you planning to weaken her? When will you start?" Irene turned her eyes to Soobin. "I also heard from the guards that Karina was looking at you for help, and how they're unsure if you should be appointed as the guard here. They're so sure that you're going to run away with her."

"If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have caught her in the first place." His blank stare troubled her. "She sealed her fate when she dared to step into our territory as a spy."

The guy was like Irene's little brother, and all she wanted was for him to not make a decision that he would probably regret later. "Are you totally sure that Karina is a spy-"

"She is. Discussion over." Soobin was about to leave when Irene held his arm. "Now what?"

"Do you love her?" She asked, and watched him freeze in his steps. A silent gasp escaped her as she stared at his back wide eyed. "Soobin, I asked you something. Do... Do you love her?"

"Do you love Suho?"

Irene paused. "It's different. My husband is an enemy. I'm not supposed to love him."

"I've seen the way you look at him. He cares for you, and he's kind, something you didn't want from him. You wanted Suho to be cruel, but he's not. You love him, Irene." Soobin stepped forward. "That's what we're. Pathetic humans. We think we don't deserve, love."

She glanced at Baekhyun and Taehyung who were in the meeting room. The glass door gave a look into their arguments and conversation. Her hands curled into a fist. Somewhere Soobin did make sense. Nobody in Sal-inja knew how to love. They only knew how to ruin lives.

"So you love Karina?"

"You wouldn't choose Suho over Familia. There's your answer." Soobin didn't stay for another second, and walked past her to the control room.

Shaking her head, she went out, got into the car and went to the penthouse. Something made her want to see Suho and her steps flattered as she entered the study room, but surprisingly her husband wasn't there which was weird since he had always been here. Her eyes fell on the photograph. It was their first photo posted in the media official sites to announce their relationship.

 It was their first photo posted in the media official sites to announce their relationship