8 | He Looks Up Grinning Like A Devil

Soobin drove the car to a nearby mall.

The said man sneaked a glance at Karina, and saw her fidgeting in the seat. She looked outside and tucked her hair back, then turned to face him. "Are you... I don't want to sleep with you," she blurted out.

He hit the brakes, and Karina caught herself just before she hit the headboard. "That's why you wear seat belt, Ms liar," The Underboss said, moving over to strap her back in the seat belt. "And, I'm engaged to someone else. So, no. I didn't bring you out to fuck you."

Karina scrunched her nose. Her cheeks turning red. "Language," she murmured, earning a smile from him.

"Fine." Soobin relaxed back in his seat, and turned on the engine again.

"Why don't you have a security team with you?" she frowned.

"I'm as deadly as my Capo. No one will dare to mess with me." He sighed. "As you must've noticed that we've two women in the house right now, and they need things. You're here to help me with that."

"You could have asked someone to buy it for you." She narrowed her eyes. "It's just... unexpected. Why would an Underboss go out to shop for mundane things by himself? You've an army of people who are ready to-"

"I wanted to take you out personally." Soobin pulled over the car in the parking lot, and noticed how she watched him nervously. "You're young. It must be tough for you to be at home all day long. And, I was bored too. Thought you might want to tag along."

"Thank you," she replied, a bright smile gracing her face. "I've been wanting to go out, but.. we only get a certain number of holidays and I... I spent them on my grandma. Thank you. Really."

He hummed. The truth was he had his doubts about her, which was why he came with her without any security detail. If she was a spy as he had expected her to be, then she would attack. Her actions were unclear, but he couldn't report unless he had something against her. He needed proof if there was one.

Karina was under the scrutiny, and he won't stop until he confirmed it himself that she was harmless to the Familia.

×××

Breakfast and lunch was served to Hera as scheduled, and she didn't dare to throw tantrums this time. She ate like a hungry wolf, and didn't leave a thing behind. The maid chuckled but pressed her lips when Hera glared at her. After lunch, she laid in bed, ready to take a nap when the door to her room opened, and she sat up immediately.

Joy walked in. "Hey."

"Thank God, it's you." Hera fell back in bed again. "I thought it was Baekhyun again to mock me for eating my meals."

"Aren't you... Aren't you mad at me?" Joy asked, and Hera hummed.

"I don't know. Didn't get a chance to really be mad at you to be honest. I was hungry for the past two days, but now that I had my meals, I'll consider it." She lifted herself on her elbows. "What about you? Aren't you angry at me? You got into this mess because of me."