Chapter 1

Y/n pov...

Italics- thoughts

I had awaken to darkness and to my knowledge, I believed that I was still in the coffin. I wonder what time it is, I thought, surely Camilo and our families are looking for me. I tried to remove the lid, only for it not to budge. Huh?! That's strange. Maybe it's super glued. I gave up trying to remove the lid and listened to what was going on outside the coffin.

"I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me..." A voice says. What kind of uniform are they talking about,  and why do their voice sound so close, I began to panic. I wasn't ready to interact with a stranger. For one, I didn't even know where I am.

"Urgggh... This lid weighs a ton!" The same voice exclaims. It sounded like the person was trying to remove the lid of my coffin. Maybe if I tried to move it with the person, it might come off, I thought, I kinda doubt that it was gonna work but I was tired of being in this stupid thing.

"Try this on for size! Mya-ha!" Just what was the person outside doing? I'm starting to think that they're crazy. Whoa, where did blue flames come from, I thought I was the only one that could do that. Maybe someone has a similar Gift. I guess the flame was enough to remove the seal because the coffin's lid started coming off.

"Now to grab the good... What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!" The voice I was hearing outside the coffin appeared to be a small black cat with blue flames in its ears.

"What do you mean, I'm not supposed to be awake. I don't really get that much sleep," I replied to the cat like creature. It didn't look like any of the animals Antonio had or communicates with. I looked around the room to see a bunch of floating coffins. "Wait... How am I able to talk to you, only Antonio can speak to animals?! Also what's up with all the coffins, did a bunch of people die at the same time?"

"Oh-oh! You got a lotta nerve ignoring me, human! The name's Grim. Believe me, you won't forget it!" The cat interjected. I'm starting to think that someone here might have a Gift that makes animals speak like normal people. If there is such person I would most definitely like to meet them. "Now gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!"

"Huh?! I'm not wearing any uniforms, I'm wearing an outfit that Mirabel help me make," I argued. The cat looked at me like I was stupid and I looked down at my clothes. Huh, these aren't mine, but I will admit the robe looks pretty nice. "Umm... I don't think I'm able to give you the uniform, what if I'm not wearing anything underneath it?"

"I said give me the uniform! 'Cause if you don't... you're gonna regret it," the cat sneered as it shot out blue flames. So that's where they came from.

"I already told you I can't, these are my only clothes right now. Maybe if we find some, I could change and you can have the uniform," I tried to compromise, even though I didn't believe that the uniform could fit the cat.

"Hey, come on! I'm on a tight schedule here!" The cat tried to grab my robe. I moved away and the cat started creating more flames. I decided the safest option was to get away from the cat. I turned tail and ran from the room. I didn't stop running 'till I hit a library looking room. I wonder if there are history books in here. This place doesn't seem to be like Encanto or Japan, so where am I exactly? I nearly got caught up in blue flames. Ay dios mío, today is not my day.

"Foolish human! Do you really think you could slip away from ME?" the cat huffed. "Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that—" I step back as a whip hits the cat.