Chapter 9

Your pov...

Italics- thoughts

❚█══Flashback══█❚

"So what's the plan," Ace asks.

"We need to get past that thing to get to the magestone," Deuce says.

"So, we're gonna need a diversion," I say.

"Yeah, a diversion," Grim repeats. I grin at the three of them and they give me a scared look back.

"Hey, wait a minute," Deuce says.

"Don't worry, you'll all be fine," I say while still grinning.

❚█══Present Time══█❚

"H-hey, monster! Im, uh...  I-I'm over here," Grim shouts.

"BEGOOOOONE," the monster roared as it came out of the mine.

"He's comin' our way," Grim says. "Y/n."

"That's far enough," I say.

"Thieef thiiis waaay tooooo..." The monster goes in 'my' direction. "Neeevvva giiive stooones! Neeevvvaaa!"

"Eep! If it lands one of those punches, we're toast," Grim shrieks.

"We'll be fine as long as we keep that thing distracted and away from the mine," I say.

"Begooonee! BEGOOOOONE!" The monster continues to roar as we lead it away from the mine entrance.

"We're counting on you," I yell.

"You bet. I got this," Ace says. "One extra-large gust of wind, comin' up!" Ace sends a huge gust of wind towards the monster.

"With a side of Grim's blazin'-hot fire," Grim shoots fire at the monster
The wind and fire combine as it hits the monster and the flames become bigger.

"How's that taste?!" Ace taunts. "With my winds fanning them, even Grim's feeble flames can become an inferno!"

"Whaddaya mean 'feeble'," Grim yells. "Ya really don't know how to shut yer mouth, do ya?"

"Let's keep this up," I say.

"Man, your robotic responses are really getting on my nerves," Ace frowns.

"Just stay calm, aim carefully... and pull out the biggest, heaviest thing I can think of..." Deuce whispers to himself. "Get 'em, cauldron!" Deuce drops a cauldron on the monster.

"Nailed it," Grim says. "The plan's workin'!"

❚█══Flashback══█❚

"All you three have to do it is distract the monster and I'll get the magestone," I explain.

"Huh?! I'm not working with him by myself," Ace refuses.

"Fine, I have a small solution for that," I say. I took a few steps back. I shook my tail to make the eight others appear and wrapped them around my body. After a few moments, I unwrapped them to reveal two versions of me. There was my original self and next to me was a more 'human' version of myself. "This clone will be able to guide you all and also provide a distraction for the monster."

"Is it able to do anything," Deuce asks.

"Not really, but it will give you social cues to move forward with the plan," I say. "Now let's get this started."