Chapter 2

Your pov...

Italics- thoughts

As we approached the orientation room, I was able to hear voices coming from inside the room.

"We're done with orientation and dorm assignments? All right, new students- let me be clear. At Heartslabyul, I am the law. Break rules, and it's off with your head!"

"Well, that ceremony was as boring as ever," a voice yawned. "I'm going back to the dorm. If you're in Savanaclaw, follow me."

"New students! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. As dorm leader of Octavinelle, I am honored to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience."

"Hey, does anyone know where the headmage went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony..."

"Some headmage he is." Mr. Crowley and I stopped once we hit the door, I guess he wanted to momentarily hear what was happing in the room without being noticed.

"Maybe he had a tummyache?"

"I most certainly did not!" Mr. Crowley bursts into the room in furry. I mean, if someone was talking about me, I would be upset too. I stayed behind Mr. Crowley since I wasn't ready to meet a crowd of people.

"Ah, speak of the devil."

"If you must know, I was searching for the new student who'd failed to show for orientation," Mr. Crowley starts. Sorry I wanted to get away from a cat that wanted to burn me alive, I thought. Mr. Crowley turns to me and pushes me in front of him. "You are the only one who has yet to be assigned a dorm. Step up to the Dark Mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel."

"Grrrrr!" I guess the cat didn't like being called a weasel. I turned from Mr. Crowley and approached the mirror.

"State your name," the mirror said. I was shocked at first because a talking mask appeared in the mirror. I slightly looked around to see if anyone else was shocked, but I was the only one.

"I'm Y/n Hitonisha," I replied to the mirror. Today just keeps getting weirder.

"Y/n..." The mirror repeats back. "The nature of your soul is... unclear to me."

"What did you just say," Mr. Crowley asks the mirror. So talking mirrors are normal here, noted.

"I sense no magical power from this one," the mirror explains. "Soundless. Colorless. Shapeless. Utterly vacant, but she appears to have great power, not from this world. Therefore, no dorm would be appropriate."

"Are you suggesting that the black carriage went to recieve a person who cannot even use magic," Mr. Crowley asks surprised. There I go again, making myself useless. "But that is absurd! The students selection process has not erred once in its century of existence! How could this happened? Wait... Did you say she?"

"Correct," the mirror replied. I took of the hood of the robe and everyone was shocked. I guess a girl with fox ears is not gonna be normal wherever I went.

"Mr. Crowley," I started while taking a deep breath. I wanted to break it to him nicely. "I have no idea what magic is but I was 'blessed' with a Gift. I am still very confused on why I am here, but based off of everyone's reaction, I don't think I should be here."

"Mmmph! Nnnrgggh..." The cat breaks free from Mr. Crowley's grasps, and landed a few feet from him. "ME! Let ME have this student's seat!"

"Not so fast, you hyperactive weasel," Mr. Crowley declares.