Chapter 39

"Hey, you know class is over, right," a voice called out to a figure. The figure was staring out the classroom window.

"I'm sorry, what," the figure snapped out of their trance.

"I came to get you for lunch," the voice chuckled. "Are you that worried about your friend over at Night Raven?"

"I guess you could say that," the figure sighed and looked back out the window.

"Ah, there you two are," a new person entered the room. "Che'nya, Asher is looking for you. He was going on about you being late to something."

"Well, isn't that something," Che'nya grinned. "I may or may not have missed something important."

"You should go then," the figure stated. Che'nya agreed then vanished.

"I know you're worried about her," the new person said. "If Che'nya had seen her there then that's a good thing."

"How can you be so sure of that," the figure asked, turning away from the window.

"Mirabel, you've got to trust us," the person sighed.

"I do trust you, Neige," Mirabel muttered. "It's just she has been through a lot with Abuela and her family."

"How about we go off campus and get her a few gifts that we can give to her when we see her," Neige suggested.

"I can see her in person," Mirabel was shocked.

"Yes," Neige smiled. "Halloween is coming up and Night Raven does a big event that the public can attend."

"Halloween," Mirabel repeated back in question.

"It's a really big tradition in this world," Neige says. "Let's go shopping and I'll explain more."

⦓Classroom⦔

"I am a purrson arriving in the room," Che'nya stated as he appeared in the classroom. He saw a dorm member of his sitting in one of the benches, doing some work.

"You are 15.8 seconds late," the dorm member said, not bothering to look up from his work. The dorm member had short white hair that framed his face, light blue eyes with a monocle on one eye, and freckles covering his face. "I've heard you made quite the commotion at Night Raven College a while back."

"Oh, that," Che'nya chuckled. "My dear friends were having an unbirthday party that I couldn't bear to miss."

"Next time you go try not to cause too much of a commotion over there," the dorm member sighed. "We wouldn't want you to get in trouble with the headmage."

"Of course, Asher," Che'nya grinned. "Maybe next time, you can come as well. I think Trey will enjoy seeing you again."

"That's what school events are for," Asher shook his head. "Besides, Halloween is right around the corner."

"I wonder what they will do this year," Che'nya wondered out loud.

"I have a feeling it's going to be chaotic," Asher comments. "Anyways, I heard Neige is planning to go off campus with Mirabel to do some shopping, you better go catch up."

"I'll see you on the other side," Che'nya smiles then leaves the classroom.

⦓Craneport- Wharf⦔

"Wow, this place is beautiful," Mirabel looks around the area.

"Yep, it sure is," Neige agreed. "Let's hit a few shops to see if anything catches your eye. I do have a question for you, though."