Chapter 31

Your Pov...

Italics-thoughts

⦓Exterior Hallway⦔

"Why are you dragging me into this," I sighed. "I don't want to watch an underground dealer. Couldn't you find someone else to help you."

"No," Jack stated. "Your friends are under contract and you need to do something about it."

"I'm not doing anything for them," I argue. "They got themselves into this, they can get themselves out or learn their lesson. I'm not the one who told them to go sign a contract."

"Let's just go see if we can uncover the secret to Azul's power," Jack urged me to follow him as he walked down the hallway. I huffed and jogged to catch up.

˜"*°•.˜"*°•First Period- Music•°*"˜.•°*"˜

⦓Lecture Hall⦔

"Traaa-lalala-lalalaaa," Azul sings.

"Guy's got some pipes," Jack comments.

"It's not as good as Mirabel's though," I chuckle.

˜"*°•.˜"*°•Second Period- Animal Linguistics•°*"˜.•°*"˜

⦓Classroom⦔

Azul meows to the cat that sits on a desk. The cat meows back, like they're having a conversation.

"Yes, yes, I see," Azul nods his head in understanding. "Lucius says that the last time you gave him a treat was three hours ago, Professor Trein."

"Well done, Ashengrotto," Professor Trein says. "That's correct."

"So he doesn't just understand animal languages— he speaks 'em, too," Jack questioned and I looked at him funny.

˜"*°•.˜"*°•Third Period- Potionology•°*"˜.•°*"˜

⦓Lecture Hall⦔

"A beluga tooth, a sturgeon egg, aurora moth scales, mermaid tears... Add in an extract from 120 types of medicinal herbs blended together, and..." Azul was adding ingredients to a cauldron while listing them out loud. There was a puff of smoke that came up from the cauldron once all the ingredients were added. "Done! You can drink this potion to transform a body part into that of a different animal."

"That's a very good boy!" Mr. Crewel approves Azul's work. "You just formulated a potion that would usually go on the junior-year class's final exams. The rest of you whelps should learn from Ashengrotto's example."

"AND the guy brews high-level potions as easily as a barista slings lattes..." Jack whispers in awe.

"Dude, stop with the commentary," I groan. "We are both able to see the same things."

"Sorry," Jack rubs the back of his head.

⦓Cafeteria⦔

"I think I'll have some squid ink pasta for lunch today," Azul talks to himself. "Ah, but I do need my vegetables as well. An all-carb meal would be quite nutritionally lopsided...and more to the point, it would go straight to my thighs."

"Seems like Azul's a perfect honors student in every way," Jack looks at Azul from his seat across the table from me.

"Azul sure didn't waste any time workin' us to the bone," Grim frowns. "If I wasn't dead on my feet before, I sure am now."