Chapter 48

⦓Ramshackle Dorm⦔

"Trey, Sebek," Riddle shouts as he and the group that stayed in the office approached.

"Riddle," Trey acknowledges Riddle.

"Blast," Sebek frowns. "They got away!"

"Who got away," Crowley asked, looking around the area.

"There was a suspicious figure lurking around Ramshackle," Sebek reports.

"A suspicious figure..." Rook repeats. "Then that confirms someone was deliberate in causing all this."

"I came this close to apprehending them, but they fought me off with magic and escaped," Sebek explains.

"Our culprit uses magic, then," Riddle concludes.

"Did you see their face," Rook questions.

"No," Sebek says. "They wore a hood that fully concealed their face."

"If only I'd gotten everyone here faster," Ace sighs. "We might've caught 'em!"

"No, you did more than enough," Trey pats Ace's shoulder. "You went to get help as soon as you realized the three of us couldn't handle our foe, right? They probably ran because they sensed the headmage and the others approaching. I'm honestly not sure what shape Sebek and I would be in if that battle had gone on any longer."

"I'm back," the fox had exited the dorm and went to the now bigger group. "I found this though, it was pinned to the door."

"Did you find what you were looking for," Trey asks.

"Yea," the fox confirms. "It was Grim's bow. I noticed it was left behind by the Grimnapper."

"Is that a card in your hand," Riddle asks.

"Yeah, I haven't read it yet," Y/n hands Riddle the card.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

𝐼𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝒩𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝑔𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝒹𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒶 𝐻𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓎. 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒿𝑜𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓈. 𝐼 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝒾𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓊𝑒.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"An invitation...?" Silver was confused.

"Some invitation, huh," Leona scowls. "They trap us in the school, then 'invite' us somewhere? Cute. Real cute."

"The question becomes: what venue do they have in mind, and where is it," Crowley thinks out loud.

"Hey, what's that in the sky," the fox points to something up in the sky, the object coming towards the group.

"At last, I've found you all," Ortho greets the group as he lands.

"What's the matter, Shroud," Crowley asks Ortho. "Shouldn't you be with the others?"

"There's trouble at the Mirror Chamber," Ortho states in urgency.

"What," Crowley exclaims in shock.