Chapter 8

Your pov...

Italics- thoughts

The walk to the Mirror Chamber was quiet for the most part. I had explained what happened to Grim as I carried him and he 'visibly' paled.

"Maaan... How did I end up in this mess? I swear, I have the worst luck," Ace grumbles.

"Maybe if you didn't choose to pick a fight with a flamed ear cat, you wouldn't be here right now," I growled.

"We don't have time to complain. Let's go," Deuce says. "Dark Mirror! Take us to the Dwarfs' Mine!" We all stepped through the mirror.

Once we had stepped through the mirror, the surroundings changed, instead of being in the Mirror Chamber, we were now in the woods.

"That's so cool," I squealed.

"It wasn't that cool," Ace says. "Have you never traveled by mirror before?"

"No, I haven't," I snapped. "I'm from a different world, or did you forget about that?"

"We should focus on the task at hand," Deuce interrupts.

"Alright, so is this supposed to be the Dwarfs' Mine," I ask.

"Long ago, this Mine was flush with magestones," Deuce voiced out. Not what I asked but okaay.

"Urgh... Who knows what lurks in there now," Grim teared up.

"Huh?! You scared little kitty," I cooed at Grim. He looked at me in disbelief.

"Look, I can see a house," Ace points to an abandoned house. "Let's see what the people there have to say."

"I don't think anyone is in there, but sure let's break in and enter," I say sarcastically and we head into the house.

"Hellooo? Is anyone home..." Deuce calls out and I facepalmed. "Must be empty. It looks like it's been abandoned."

"¿Realmente lo has descubierto?" I sighed and Deuce looked at me weird. "Siento que estoy perdiendo células cerebrales al estar cerca de ustedes dos."

"Bwah! I got a spider web on my face," Grim panics and starts to wipe the webs off his face.

"Look how tiny these desks and chairs are," Ace walks over to a group of chairs and desks. "Did children live here? One, two... Seven! It's like a clown car in here."

"Um..." I started.

"When the mine was flourishing, this house must have been a lively place," Deuce says.

"You know it's called Dwarfs' Mine," I stated. "Who do you think lived here?"

"Miners," Grim answers.

"Yes, but not the answer I was looking for," I bend down to pat Grim's head. "I was looking for Dwarfs."

"Well, this isn't getting us anywhere," Ace gets everyone's attention. "If we're gonna find a magestone, it'll be inside the mine. Let's head inside to take a look." We all leave the house and walk to the mine entrance. Along the way, I decided to hum a few songs I learned from the Madrigal family. (ⁱ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵐᵉᵗ ⁿᵒᵇᵒᵈʸ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ- ᴛʜᴀᴛs ɴᴏᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛ... ⁱᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵐʸ ʷᵉᵈᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵈᵃʸ, ⁱᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵒᵘʳ ʷᵉᵈᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵈᵃʸ... ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ)

At the mine entrance, Grim looks into the mine and backs up. "You wanna go inside THERE? It's pitch black!"(ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ😡 sᴏʀʀʏ ɪ'ʟʟ sᴛᴏᴘ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ)