Chapter 17

TW: abuse, suicide, neglect, violence, blood, depression, etc...

Dreamland...

Another strange dream...?

Alice was behind a podium, upset with the way the Queen ran things. The Queen sat on a throne that was placed high above Alice.

<Alice> And as for you, Your Majesty... "Your Majesty," indeed! Why, you're not a queen. You're just a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old ty... tyrant...

<Queen of Hearts> Mnhmmhmmhmmhmm... What were you saying, my dear?

<Cheshire Cat> Well, she simply said that you're a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old tyrant! Hahahaha!

<Queen of Hearts> OOOOOOOOOFF with her head!

<Cards> Ooooooooh!

The cards surround Alice and she makes a run for it.

<King of Hearts> You heard what Her Majesty said! Off with her head!

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Your pov...

Italics- thoughts

Augh, everything was a mess and no one stopped the queen. They were all so afraid of her.

"Hey, Y/n," Grim exclaimed as I opened my eyes. "Ah, good, you're already up."

"Today's the big duel," Ace speaks up from the chair that was across the room. "Let's DO this thing."

"How could you be this energetic this early," I question as I sat up.

"I'm just ready to beat Riddle and get this stupid collar off of me," Ace responded. I looked over at him and he was sporting a frown on his face.

"I couldn't imagine," I smirked. Ace glared at me and I laughed. I got up out of bed and walked over to him. I pulled him up by his arm as he looked at me confused.

"I need you out of the room so I can get in uniform, you weirdo," I stated as I pushed him out of the room. He understood and rushed downstairs to the lounge. "Grim, do you wanna go with him?"

"How do you think the fight will go," Grim asks his question on top of mine. Fine then, stay here and ask questions because people are totally not nervous.

"I'm not sure, Grim," I answer truthfully as I grab my uniform and change outfits. "But I do have a feeling that something bad is going to happen."

"Let's just hope that bad feeling was something bad that you ate," Grim snickered.

"Yeah, let's hope that is the case," I kinda smiled at Grim as I finished getting ready. Grim jumped up on my shoulder and we left the bedroom to go downstairs.

"There you two are," Deuce calls from the bottom of the stairs.

"Sorry, just woke up and had to get ready," I yawned, still kinda asleep.

"It's alright," Deuce smiles. I hit the bottom of the stairs and Deuce held out his arm for me. I took his arm and we went to get Ace so we could go to Heartslabyul.

⦕Small time skip...⦖

"Did you hear? They say someone's challenged Housewarden Rosehearts to a duel!" I heard a conversation going as we entered the Heartslabyul dorm.