Chapter 40- Terror is Trending

⦓Heartslabyul- Lounge⦔

"Finally back from that nightmare camp," Ace groans as he, Deuce, and Riddle enter the dorm after getting back from the Mirror Chamber. "Every muscle in my body is sore, and all my joints are cracking. I wanna sleep for a hundred years. That wasn't some nice jaunt in the woods. It was a full-on training camp. Why'd the sports clubs get singled out for it, anyway?"

"I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. I think it's... startin' to catch up..." Deuce yawns.

"Pitiful, the both of you," Riddle scolds. "It was only three days and two nights."

"Welcome back, boiz," Cater greeted as he and Trey looked up from their work. They were doing homework at one of the tables in the lounge. "How was camp?"

"You all look exhausted," Trey looks over the trio. "Was it that bad?"

"Not really," Riddle responds. "I'd have no right to be in an athletic club if that was enough to make me throw in the towel."

"Maybe it was fine for you, Riddle..." Deuce comments.

"But us two had to fight a monster," Ace complained. "That sucked big time."

"Really," Trey inquires.

"Don't listen to them," Riddle commands. "They're so tired, they probably just saw a wild animal and thought it was a monster. Ace especially. Coach Vargas ran him through the wringer all weekend because he skipped out on an assignment."

"That's not entirely false..." Ace grumbles.

"Well, good work out there regardless," Trey tells them with a smile. "Just rest up today and take it easy."

"Good thing I'm in an arts club," Cater chuckles. "I don't think I could deal with Coach Vargas watching me all the time."

"No kidding," Trey softly laughs. "Ace and Deuce normally have so much energy, and look at 'em now. We'd have a rough time for sure."

"We totally fought a monster, but I guess no one believes us..." Deuce mutters to Ace.

"Maaan, why didn't the arts clubs have to go," Ace whines. "It's not fair that only the sports clubs had to suffer."

"Let's just get back to our room, Ace," Deuce suggests. "I'm gonna pass out any second..."

⦓Ramshackle⦔

"We made it," Grim cheers. "Honey, we're... ...home? A MONSTER! Don't just stand there, henchwoman! CHEESE IT!" The fox looks at the outside of the dorm. It had seemed someone was redecorating.

"Ah, you're here," a voice says from behind Grim and the fox.

"Another monster behind me," Grim shrieks.

"That's the reaction I like to see." The duo turns around and sees Lilia standing there in his P.E outfit. "You got home quicker than I was expecting."

"Hey, Lilia," the fox greets. "What's with the decorations?"

"Decorations," Grim repeated as he looked around the outside area of the dorm. There were various Diasomnia students using magic and moving decorations around. "HEY! Who said you could mess with my dorm, huh?!"

"Why, the headmage, of course," Lilia smiles. "He gave us his full blessing."

"Say what," Grim exclaims. "Why, I oughta..."

"So what's going on that I don't know about," the fox questions Lilia.

"Halloween's just around the corner," Lilia explains. "Malleus insisted that he wanted to spend Halloween at Ramshackle Dorm, and really, who are we to deny him? You should consider yourselves lucky. You could hardly put up such florid decorations without our assistance. Ah, but no need to thank me. The best recompense would be for all of us to have a happy Halloween together!"