Chapter 46

Tw: ominous singing, blood, hanging, missing body parts/ random body parts, graphic details, general gore

I will let you guys know when the tw is applied, I went a little overboard with scaring the Magicam Monsters, but I feel justified due to my pain caused by Hazbin Hotel. I apologize in advance.

◦•●◉✿1 days until Halloween✿◉●•◦

˜"*°•.˜"*°•Halloween Week, Day Six•°*"˜.•°*"˜

⦓Lecture Hall⦔

"Good morning, everyone..." Crowley solemnly says. "I hereby bring...this Halloween Week management committee meeting...to order..."

"The headmage was on top of the world two days ago," Jade comments, observing Crowley. "Now he seems crushed by its weight."

"He's not the only one," Vil says. "The whole management committee's been hard-pressed dealing with Magicam Monsters at all hours of the day. I'd say the burnout extends to all of us."

"Speaking of which, where's Malleus," Kalim questions, looking around the room.

"Sorry, but he won't be making today's meeting," Lilia apologizes to Kalim. "If he loses even a modicum more patience, the Magicam Monsters could find themselves in an altogether dire state of affairs. I suspect he's aware of that. He asked to have some time alone to cool his head."

"It's Halloween, and he's spending it alone," Kalim whines. "That must be so sad for him."

"As you are all aware, there's been a string of incidents popping up all over campus," Crowley directs the attention back to himself. "This morning, I received a grievance from a certain pair of students."

"What about," Deuce questions.

"I got some CHOICE words for you so and sos," Grim slams the door open. Y/n and Mirabel stand behind him in embarrassment by his entrance. The human duo's outfits were torn in some places and their hair was a mess.

"Oh, it's Y/n, Grim, and Mirabel," Jack looks at the trio in the entryway.

"They all look kind of...haggard," Epel scrunches his nose.

"I've been gettin' chased around everywhere nonstop, both inside my dorm and out of it," Grim exclaims. "This Halloween business has gone too far!"

"Even some of our personal items in the dorm have gone missing," the fox adds.

"Are events like this always this messy," Mirabel questions.

"I was really lookin' forward to Halloween," Grim frowns, crossing his arms. "Heard it was supposed to be fun. Well, it ain't. It's just a big con, I tell ya!" There was silence in the room for a few minutes. The committee thought about the days leading up to the event and that madness of the event. Deuce had looked back on the day before with the interaction of his old school mates.

"You're absolutely right," Lilia sighs, breaking the silence. "We've done you a disservice. Please accept my humble apologies."

"You have nothing to apologize for, Lilia," Vil states. "The Halloween management committee has done nothing except work to run a campus event. There's nothing wrong with putting forth effort to keep our students and guests happy."

"Agreed," Jade nods his head. "The extra Halloween visitor headcount had us all delighted at first. That increase in visitors was, in effect, our hard work paying off. For better or for worse."