Chapter 38

⦓Dwarfs' Mine- Campsite⦔

"Okay, the day two challenges are officially over," Vargas stated after having everyone gather together. "Looks like every club made it through without missing any badges. I'm already seeing more definition on those muscles!"

"I don't see no difference," Grim frowns, looking at everyone.

"You're not supposed to comment on that," Y/n sighs.

"Tomorrow is the last day of Camp Vargas," Vargas continues. "Which means you'll be facing your final challenge. You'll find out more about it when the time comes. Keep your heads in the game and give it 110 percent! Any questions? If not, you're all dismissed."

"Coach?"

"I have a concern, actually," Jamil gets Vargas's attention.

"Ah, Viper, with the Basketball Club," Vargas looks at Jamil. "What is it?"

"Ace Trappola hasn't been back to camp since yesterday," Jamil voices his concern.

"Trappola, huh," Vargas thinks about it.

"That's right, sir," Jamil confirms. "No one's seen him since yesterday afternoon. I'm worried something might've happened..."

"Relax, Viper," Vargas laughs. "He's probably too ashamed to face you guys after skipping out on his assignment. He'll be back when his stomach starts rumblin'! You should be more concerned with your next challenge! Make sure to rest up those muscles— you need to be ready for anything. Dismissed!"

"What is Ace thinking, making his club members worry like that," Riddle sighs. "I'll need to instill a sense of Heartslabyul propriety into him...again."

"Excuse me, Riddle," Silver walked over to Riddle. "Sorry to disturb you. I'd like to discuss our campfire shifts tonight, if I may. I wasn't much use last night, so I wanted to make up for it by taking Sebek's shift."

"Please, don't," Sebek appeared with Y/n behind him. "You'll just end up nodding off. You must accept this is beyond your capabilities and let it go."

"All right, you've both made your points," Riddle interjected before Silver had a chance to respond to Sebek. "Let's discuss it with the rest of the club when we get back to our tents."

"I'll... um... meet you guys there," the fox says.

"Why is that," Riddle questions.

"I have a bad feeling, and I am going to talk to Jack," Y/n responds.

"Alright, just don't take too long," Sebek agrees. She leaves the group to go find Jack.

"I have a hard time believing that shame is preventing Ace from coming back," Jamil tells Floyd. "Since when does he even have any?"

"But if Coach Lobster says it's cool, he's probably fine, right," Floyd shrugs, not really caring.

"Lobster," Jamil repeats back. "...Oh. You mean Vargas. Granted, despite his ego, Coach Vargas isn't the type to take his duties lightly. He's responsible and has sound judgment. Maybe he's right and I'm worried about nothing."

"There you go," Floyd grins. "Look, you know how loud and annoying Coach Lobster is, yeah? You tellin' me you never feel like you wanna skip out on a couple straight days of that? So stop worryin' over one little crabby. Let's head back to our tents and—"

"Hey, Floyd," Ruggie approaches Jamil and Floyd with Epel in tow.

"Oh hey, Sharksucker, Guppy," Floyd hummed. "Whaddaya need?"

"Epel wants to talk to you two," Ruggie nudges Epel in front of him.

"So, um... You said Ace hasn't come back to camp," Epel stammers out.